RV Camping Site in Sarasota Fl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pgray52246

Looking for recommendations for RV camping sites in Sarasota FL. We just purchased a new 5th wheel and are newbies.  Want to take it to Florida and surprise our daughter & grandkids.  They are going to be in Sarasota during April  2-9.  Realize this is spring break time and nervous about finding availability.  Also hoping to stay in a nice camp grounds for our first trip.

Take a look at Turtle Beach County Campground on Siesta Key.  The beach is great.  I don't think they allow pets.

Also, Oscar Scherer State Park just South of Sarasota at Osprey, FL.

I would suggest you go to www.RVParky.com and look for parks in  the Sarasota area.  Then you can find the amenities you would like/need.  Call the parks to see what they have available for the time frame you will be there. 

Many snowbirds leave FL around April 1 so that they can get home and file their taxes by April 15 so you may find quite a few places with openings.

Good luck and safe travels!

As Jean posted, there is a steady stream of RV's heading north starting March 31st.  The year we wanted to go to the Keys, I couldn't get a reservation, but mid March, I went on line as I had been doing almost daily, and all kinds of sites opened up starting April 1st.  Plus, with the Cdn dollar, a lot of Canadian tourists have not come down, and a lot of the parks are not full, all that to say, make your reservations, but you shouldn't have difficulty.
  If you are not familiar with the area, try to pick a location close to where your family is living.  Sarasota is spread out and travel time from campgrounds just off of I 75, often take more than a half hour to downtown.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom