RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 13-19, 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wendy, I "think" that's M-22 and no one is in it yet.

ArdraF

You can add us to the list.  Unless we find another Rally to attend between now and then,
this will be our first Rally.  We hope to winter in Florida, back to Oklahoma to sweep out the
home base, then load up for Moab.  I will be pulling my CJ-7, not a rock climber but I do enjoy
off road.  We're looking forward to this.  We have been to Moab before on the Harley and had
a blast.

We will give you a site number when our reservation is confirmed.

Larry and Loretta Dodd
(The Big Larry)

Where in Florida do you winter Larry?  We winter in Pinellas Park (St Petersburg)

Ed

RV-22 Confirmed from RV Resort.

Ed,  We plan to winter in Sarasota.  We have a niece there who has bought a house that has
an RV pad on the end.  We will make arrangements with her to be the landscaper/gardener/ and
occasionally day care for her son in exchange for 50 amp service, which we probably won't use
much of. . . .

This will be our first Snowbird so we're looking forward to it.  We will be exploring Florida as well,
so we may run up to St. Pete and say hello. . .

OK Wendy, we now have Larry's lot to use as the movie screen  ;)
    Larry, one place that is not particularly well publicized is the Lipizzaner Stallion Training Farm, just outside Sarasota.  Every March they open it up to let you watch their dress rehearsals and pass the hat for admission.  We took our daughter and her 2 kids, and we all really enjoyed the 2 hour show.  They are such beautiful animals.
    We are about an hour and a half north of Sarasota, just off the I 275.

Ed

Welcome to the Moab rally group, Larry and Loretta.  It will be good to meet you.  We have a variety of four-wheeling levels so you'll be sure to find a trail you can enjoy.

ArdraF

RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 13-19, 2012 ATTENDEES LIST:

Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking4ar2), site M-16
Borkowski (Janette & Chip aka Falconhunter), Site M-14
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Bullock (Doris & Phil), site 8
Burdick (Mikie & Jim aka 4ducksrus), site 10
Delker (Marge & Dave aka Dandmd), site M-54
Dodd (Loretta & Larry aka TheBigLarry), site R-22
Downs, (Liza & Ray), site M-13
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site 7
Gorber, (Donna & Ed aka Hfx_Cdn), site 19
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-17
Lawrence (Wendy & Mike), site R-46
Mahoney (Russ), site 9
Maxwell (Estelle & Bob), site R-34
Nesbitt (Mary Ann &  Don aka Gmsboss1), site M-29
Pennings (Mimi & Chris), site 3
Peters (Linda & Charlie), site 13
Roscoe (Corrine & Bill aka Photog), site M-33
Sanders (Bob & Susan & Preston), site R-57
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site 48
Wainwright (Jeannine & Dan), site R-51
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site 6
West (Marg & Dan aka Utahclaimjumper), site R-14
Weston (Diane & Marty aka SargeW), site R-47
White (Tara & Ernie), site R-56
Wright (Nikki & Joe aka Trailsend), site 18
Zueck (Chrystal, Mike aka ZMotorsports & Jared), site M-30

Larry and Loretta, welcome to the group.  Last year was our first year attending and I can testify that this group will definately make you feel welcome.

Mike.

first post here,

Diane and i are entertaining the thought to join in

but before i call to make reservations we would like to know the finer details about.......... "the wall".

don

Hi Don - welcome aboard!

Spaces in the M and R sections are available for purchase, until they're bought they're available for rental.  Some owners have erected "RV Casitas" on their lots - 2 and 3 story houses that extend right to the property line.  If you're in a space next to one, you'll be staring at a blank wall.

Take a look towards the bottom of the Portal RV Resort website and their Lots For Sale page for some examples.

Hfx_Cdn said:
    The top posting on page 2 of this string has what I believe is the "WALL".

Except for those of us who have the messages listed with the most recent at the top in which case, it's somewhere near the bottom of page 3, or on May 23 for those who might be searching for that lovely wall picture.

The early bird catches the view...after that, it gets more complicated.... 8)

Glad to have you join us!

(Christi, in her own introverted way, liked the site!)

Attachments

• DSC_0045 Site M20.jpg
    DSC_0045 Site M20.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 45
Don & Diane - It's good to see another new couple come to the rally.  I assumed your last name starts with McL so put you in the middle of the list.  Let me know if you belong elsewhere.  I wouldn't worry about not seeing The Wall.  You should be facing The Portal which is much nicer anyway!  ;)

ArdraF

RV FORUM MOAB RALLY, MAY 13-19, 2012 ATTENDEES LIST:

Bertram (Christi & Kim aka Skyking4ar2), site M-16
Borkowski (Janette & Chip aka Falconhunter), Site M-14
Brewer (Betty & Terry), site 4
Bullock (Doris & Phil), site 8
Burdick (Mikie & Jim aka 4ducksrus), site 10
Delker (Marge & Dave aka Dandmd), site M-54
Dodd (Loretta & Larry aka TheBigLarry), site R-22
Downs, (Liza & Ray), site M-13
FitzGerald (Ardra & Jerry), site 7
Gorber, (Donna & Ed aka Hfx_Cdn), site 19
Kuch (Sheila & Ken), site M-17
Lawrence (Wendy & Mike), site R-46
Mahoney (Russ), site 9
Maxwell (Estelle & Bob), site R-34
McL?? (Diane & Don), site 20
Nesbitt (Mary Ann &  Don aka Gmsboss1), site M-29
Pennings (Mimi & Chris), site 3
Peters (Linda & Charlie), site 13
Roscoe (Corrine & Bill aka Photog), site M-33
Sanders (Bob & Susan & Preston), site R-57
Sherow (Debby & Randy), site 48
Wainwright (Jeannine & Dan), site R-51
Weimert (Barb & Frank), site 6
West (Marg & Dan aka Utahclaimjumper), site R-14
Weston (Diane & Marty aka SargeW), site R-47
White (Tara & Ernie), site R-56
Wright (Nikki & Joe aka Trailsend), site 18
Zueck (Chrystal, Mike aka ZMotorsports & Jared), site M-30

Hello to all RVForum rally participants.  I just heard  from Doug at Portal RV that prices will increase for 2012.  HOWEVER if you are with the  RVForum Rally they will honor your 2011 rate.  BE sure to tell  them when you check in or Register that you are with the RVForum group and you will get the 2011 rate. A price increase has not happened at Portal for 5 years.  I am including the copy of letter that will go out to all who have registered.  BUT if you get a letter, DON"T PANIC.  I think it is wonderful that they are honoring  old rates for us.  I gave him a list of those of us registered so far and he was going to try and not send you a letter but you still have to tell the desk when you check in,so you get the old rate.

Portal RV Resort and Campground is contacting all guest with reservations for 2012 to inform you of a price increase.

Please check the links below for pricing.

Campground section: http://portalrvresort.com/reservations_campground.htm
Resort section: http://portalrvresort.com/reservations_resort.htm

Let us know by January 23rd, 2012 if you are canceling your reservation. After January 23rd all cancellation policies pertaining to your reservation apply.

We look forward to seeing you!

Thank you,
Portal RV Resort and Campground

Fortunately, I came here before I reacted to the email I just received and I appreciate your efforts in our behalf.

We have another couple, Jay and Paula McRell, who have already registered but are not included in the list being posted, and I will reconfirm their intentions and share the Forum link.

Great example of a company doing the right thing for their clients!!!

Kim,

The McRells are not on our list of attendees.  Do you know their site number so they can be added to the list?

Thanks,
ArdraF

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anjoutdoors
Back
Top Bottom