RV Parks near Omaha, NE ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lisntodd

Hi everyone :)

Does anybody know of any good RV Parks near Omaha, NE for a homebase? We are thinking about becoming fulltimers, but want to explore everything before making the move ;)

Thanks!

I have never RV'd in NE but I did live in Grand Isle for about 4 months while I was in college.  NE is "FLAT" with little with no sights.  But the mid west as a whole is a nice place to visit but not to live.  No offense ment to any of the mid west neighbors.  The best I got used to there was the "saloons" which were pre-dominant with red-beer.  This was something to get used to.

If you are military related/affiliated, Offutt has a Famcamp on the base lake in Bellevue. Hope this helps.

loydstuts said:
If you are military related/affiliated, Offutt has a Famcamp on the base lake in Bellevue. Hope this helps.

The Offutt Famcamp was flooded by the Missouri River last summer so it was closed. The last I heard they were hoping to have it reopened by the middle of March 2012.

If anyone is planning on staying there I would give Outdoor Rec a call (402-294-4049) to see what their status is.

Yes we are active duty. We were going to look into staying at Famcamp but read it was flooded. I will give them a call today to see if they are opened back up or not.

I know the NE is not the ideal place to fulltime it, but we will be stationed there and we are tired of throwing our BAH away on Rent. So we figured we would become full timers!

Back
Top Bottom