RV Sun Shade company

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crsntn

I am trying to find the best product to help cool the RV during the day.  I liked the Sun Shades that attach with the suction cups, but is this the best way or are there others that keeps it cooler.  Thank so much, Carolyn

This isn't the best way to "enjoy the scenery" but to block heat (that mostly comes in through the many large windows on your Class A), you may need to completely block windows during certain times of day on the sunny side of the rig.  Reflecting back the heat/sun helps, and some folks have fashioned custom-cut pieces of cardboard (or similar) lined with aluminum foil on the outer-facing side.  If you have skylight openings, those can let in quite a bit of heat that builds up too.  Run A/C early enough to keep things cool, rather than trying to "catch up" later once the inside gets hot.

The sun shades you mentioned may block brightness and glare a bit, but I doubt that they will substantially reduce the greenhouse-effect interior heat buildup on hot days.

Thank you so much for replying.  Hubby was a little afraid that the shades I was looking to purchase wasn't going to help in keeping the heat out.  Apparently he was right, so I'll go the reflective route.  Thanks
again for your input.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom