RVing in the northwest :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ron,

The VFW at on Whibley has 12-15 RV sites with W/E.and on-site dump. Nice bunch of people for Navy and Air Force guys.

For completeness, here's the link to a national map that links to individual state sites for traffic:
http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/Trafficinfo/?utm_source=cheetah&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=GSC08806_10312009_GSERS_GSC_Insider

we camp around western Washington and in the Cascades primarily. I worked in Mt. Rainier National Park a couple of seasons too. Post again when it gets time and we can make all sorts of suggestions.

halfwright said:
Ron,

The VFW at on Whibley has 12-15 RV sites with W/E.and on-site dump. Nice bunch of people for Navy and Air Force guys.
What if you are Army or a Marine?  Just keep low and don't draw attention? ;D

All this talk of the Pacific Northwest makes me home sick.  We have a place on Whidbey, on the beach.  We live full time in Las Vegas.  I hate it here, but my partner loves the sunshine.  I would live full time in the Puget Sound area, if I could.  But, the cloudy days really take their toll on my partner.  The house on the beach doesn't really have enough room to park at the house, so we'd have to find a park if we wanted to stay in the MH.  Otherwise, we have a nice house to stay in. 

The weather report for NAS Whidbey for 6 Jan is snow and a low of -7 (minus 7) on the 7th.  A long way out, hope it doesn't happen.
  Enjoy the sun!!

mypursuit said:
  The weather report for NAS Whidbey for 6 Jan is snow and a low of -7 (minus 7) on the 7th.  A long way out, hope it doesn't happen.
  Enjoy the sun!!
Are you sure you are looking at the right forecast?  TWC shows a high of 38 F and a low of 33 F for Oak Harbor on the 7th of Jan.  Chilly and damp (typical), but not all that cold.

Yes and no.  I use the weather app that comes with windows 8.  I was just learning Vista when some low life stole my laptop last summer.  My replacement came with Windows 8 which came with this weather app.  Most of the time it comes close but it does show in smaller print forecast from forca (?) and accuweather. They both show temps in the upper 40"s  Still not what you show but  I tend to go with the upper temps myself. Now that I'm fully awake -7 would certainly be 20 degrees colder than I've seen it here in 30 years . Sorry for the confusion.

mypursuit said:
Yes and no.  I use the weather app that comes with windows 8.  I was just learning Vista when some low life stole my laptop last summer.  My replacement came with Windows 8 which came with this weather app.  Most of the time it comes close but it does show in smaller print forecast from forca (?) and accuweather. They both show temps in the upper 40"s  Still not what you show but  I tend to go with the upper temps myself. Now that I'm fully awake -7 would certainly be 20 degrees colder than I've seen it here in 30 years . Sorry for the confusion.
Even though it would still be off some, it might be what you saw was in Celsius not Fahrenheit.

Nope. Just checked though.  They have corrected to 43 high, 18 low.  The low is still quite a bit lower than the other two but not on the ridiculous side.  Still a long way to go.  Think I'll worry about the rest of today and forget the future. :)  :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Dog
Back
Top Bottom