Sailor Don joins the RV Forum Community

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SailorDon

Here I am introducing myself to the RV Forum Community. 

Sailor Don is the name, RV'ing is the game!  ;D
Along with the RV'ing interests, I also do sailing, rowing, boating, motorcycling, etc., etc.
But y'all are probably interested in the RV part.

I'm new to RV'ing.  I have tent camped for over 40 years (from California to Maine) and figured it's time for me to move up to travel trailer luxury.
No more flooded floors, folding up soggy tents, snakes in the tent, tent gets blown down in the wind, hours to set up tent, etc.
Tent camping was fun, but now I've become spoiled.

I'm going to  jump to the "Newcomers" forum for more about me and my RV.

Welcome to RVing and the RV Forum.  I think you'll find that as you get older you appreciate more of the amenities available in RVs.  I also grew up tent camping but the last time I slept on the ground I was awakened in the middle of the night with a skunk only a yard from my head.  That was the last time I slept on the ground!  ::)  Our first VW Westphalia was significantly better.

ArdraF

Welcome to the forum Don. Actually, I am more interested in the sailing part as I love to sail also. Thus far it has only been on a Hobie 16 and a Sunfish. Going to check out a WWP 15 pocket cruiser soon though.

Welcome Sailor Don. Lots of us here gave up tent camping for the joys of a comfortable bed and a handy bathroom. Lots of good info here and friendly folks so join in.

Wendy

Attachments

• IMG_1769.JPG
    IMG_1769.JPG
    144.4 KB · Views: 18
Image works fine. Nice big Hunter. Did you take any extended, exotic cruises? I suppose there are many similarities between sailing/cruising and RVing. The progression from one to the other should be natural.

wgb1 said:
Image works fine.
Actually, the embedded image feature as been turned off by the administrator according to a post somewhere on this website.

So when I copy my first road trip photo essay of 1,000 miles of words and pictures from the Heartland Owner's Forum, it looks like this.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the "welcome" to the Heartland owner's forum.

It was a great inaugural trip. The only problem with the trailer was the speaker wires were switched so the outside speakers only played the right channel and the inside speakers only played the left channel.
The dealer put a technician on it right away and the problem was fixed in 45 minutes. I don't know if this forum pemits dealer endorsements, but I would highly recommend an RV dealer close to Davenport, Iowa.

More pics from my first travel trailer road trip.

The first time I ever saw my travel trailer. Tuesday at noon time.

First hook up to my tow vehicle 2010 Ford F-150 with 5.4L V-8

Check for level after hook up.

Dealer has 6 "campsites" with full hook-ups. He let me use one on Tuesday night to check that everything was working OK.

They treated me so well that I almost wanted to stay for a whole week, but the open road was calling.
I had to move on after the speaker wires were connected properly.

At a rest area somewhere in Iowa. Nice name on that 18-wheeler!

First "real" camping at Lake of the Ozarks State Park. Only electricity, but that was enough. Notice the deer in the background. It was almost like a petting zoo.

Welcome center in Arkansas.

I'm going to break this into another reply. I'm getting too many photos in this one.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

To my way of thinking, the images aren't working fine.  Perhaps you can see them.
If anyone is interested in my first travel trailer road trip of 1,000 miles (complete with photos), you can check it out at
http://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/40677-Greetings-from-Texas!

You might even see a photo of a steam locomotive steaming through my campsite.  Awesome!
http://i1257.photobucket.com/albums/ii518/SailorDon/TravelTrailer/TSRR01_sm_zps713276c8.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knuckles2828
Back
Top Bottom