Satellite TV installation.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
NY_Dutch said:
You probably had RG59 coax with poorly crimped connectors typical of many RV's. Any good quality RG6 coax with compression fittings would have worked for you, even without the 3Ghz designation, but there's no down side to having the designation of course.
That makes sense.

I am going through a little bit of trouble finding a Dish Network Receiver that will work with my Winegard Traveler 1000 dish.  I have the Hopper 3 in the house, which will not work without a bunch of work adding a switch and other stuff.  That's according to Winegard.  Every Dish Network guy I talk to has a different story.  If anyone knows, will a Hopper 2 or a 722 receiver work with the Winegard?  My first choice is to go with the Hopper 2 and a Joey, waiting to hear from Winegard.  This is turning out to be quite the challenge.  I have HDMI going to the main TV and coax to the bedroom, which is perfect for the 722.

I don't know what you consider "a bunch of work" but adding a DPH42 switch to Trav'ler is not a big job. That said, the Hopper 2 will work with your Trav'ler with just the addition of a Solo Node, so that would be easier of course. The existing coax will work fine for the bedroom Joey as long as it's in good shape.

I have a 722 receiver (DVR) and it works fine with the Winegard Traveler 1000 dish.  I just move the DVR from the house to the RV when we travel.

Good to know about the 722 and the Hopper 1 or 2.  Winegard sent me a wiring diagram for the DHP42, it included two other "gizmos" along with the DHP42.  One dish shop said I didn't need the DHP42 with the Hopper 3. ???  The Hopper and a single node looks simple enough.

After reading the install instructions, I went ahead and installed it myself.  No difficult at all.

for some reason I was thinking I needed to cut a big hole in the roof........but it just surface mounts.  drilled a couple of holes for cabling, used the appropriate "caps", and made sure to do a thorough job prepping and sealing. 

Dicor is my new best friend. :)

I just abandoned in place all of the old RG59 cabling.  Ran all new RG6.  Just waiting on the new HR24HD receiver to arrive to verify operation......but the antenna itself seems to function just fine.

Back
Top Bottom