Sex in the RV (Fifth Wheel) - What should we know and keep in mind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Yorick

I'm sure my subject seems like click-bait. I assure you this is a serious question. We are considering living full time in a large 5th wheel and traveling 4 to 6 months out of the year to explore the country while working from the road. You can see more about our plan here:

My wife and I are newly weds. We will have her two daughters with us in the RV. We have a very active and healthy sex life. I'd love to hear advice and insights from you to prepare for life in a RV with a healthy sex life.

For example, I noticed in the RVs I looked that that putting down the levelers takes away almost all of the bounce in the rig. However, if it's on the wheels, it does quite a bit of bouncing.

Advice please...

As a thought. If your going fiver get one with rear bunks for the kids. Some even have a half bath for them. That puts you about as far away as a S&B house. Can you scream and thrash about without arising suspicision? Not likely. C an you have an active and rewarding sex life? Sure. We did it for over 35 years. As my girls got to teenagers they liked their privacy too so it was a couple of tents during nice weather.

You will need to get rid of the mattress that comes with the RV and purchase a really good one. Noise might be a problem. Don’t know how old the kids are but 2-3 Benadryl before bedtime (for the kids; if you and wife take it there won’t be any sex) and they will sleep through the noise. Extra stabilizers will also help. Reminds me of the time my wife and I were tent camping, we had an old Sears canvas tent, and I had to go pee so went outside. We had a gas lantern hanging in the tent. Well, I finished my business and went back in the tent and informed the wife that everything we had done earlier could be seen in perfect shadow from the outside. :cool:

You aren't going to hide it from the kids unless you get them a tent.
We're actually not planning to hide it from the kids. We discuss the topic openly with kids. It's more about the scene from outside the RV.

You bring up that you have two young girls with you, and then you say they aren't the issue? If you are so raucous that you are afraid other campers notice, just do what everyone else does -- tone it down a little. Or not care. I think those are your two options.

"If the van's a rocking..... don't come knocking....." What movie was that in?

Charles
Back in the seventies it seemed like half the conversion vans had that bumper sticker. I've seen it in at least one movie, too, but I don't remember which one.

How crazy are we talkin'?

Like someone call the Sheriff cuz there's murder goin' on?

Like others have said - 5W with a bunkhouse is as private as you can get probably. As for neighbors? Probably no different than apartment life. You don't share walls but you do have some amount of distance...

If you are concerned about what the neighbors see/hear/think, then you will just have to tone down your enthusiasm a bit. But if you aren't embarrassed that others know when & what you are doing, then do nothing. Sounds to me as though you are firmly in that latter camp!

RVs aren't very sound-proof and they wiggle a bit even with jacks firmly planted. You can't change that, so deal with it in one of those two ways. Of course, you can try to choose campsites that don't have close neighbors, but that may not always be practical.

It's more about the scene from outside the RV.
Are you serious? Unless you are into something pretty unusual there is nothing special required beyond what you would do in a house or apartment. You are talking about a family of 4 living in a 10,000#+ RV and ............... :oops:

There are a lot of other things of much higher priority for this to succeed.

I have always heard people say that if you brag about having sex, you ain't getting any.:p I don't know of too many campgrounds that have old folks walking about outside at bedtime. So as long as you don't have a noisy suspension system, unless people outside are walking along your camper, I would not worry about the outside world.

But not to get into whether you are fine with teenage kids and having their own sex as a casual act , which is what it sounds like you are fine with no matter their age right now, sex was always more emotional than the final results. ;)

I am not sure that I would be comfortable and enjoy getting naked and getting wild in front of them. So I recommend a toy hauler set up as a seperate apartment with beds, which are avaliable. The 5th wheels that I have seen with bedrooms next to the master bedrooms have little barrier for wild games.

But without videos, it did not happen.:ROFLMAO:(y)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom