Sex in the RV (Fifth Wheel) - What should we know and keep in mind?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I contacted the inventor and explained to him about a couple of modifications I did with mine and he said he would think about using them.
The first one I was concerned about when tightening the locking wing nut, it would wear off the paint from the locking bracket and then it would start to rust. I took a 5/8” stainless steel washer, rounded it in a vice and put it between the wing nut and the bracket. I rounded it to fit over the locking bracket so it would not spin.
The next thing I did was I removed the 3/8”locking bolts on the poles and replaced them with grade 8 cone shaped set screws. I was afraid of the supplied bolt would loosen up and allow the poles to loose their setting. The cone shaped set screws would have better gripping action than a standard bolt.
You’ll understand what I mean on both of these mods when you assemble the system. PM me if you have any questions.

I contacted the inventor and explained to him about a couple of modifications I did with mine and he said he would think about using them.
The first one I was concerned about when tightening the locking wing nut, it would wear off the paint from the locking bracket and then it would start to rust. I took a 5/8” stainless steel washer, rounded it in a vice and put it between the wing nut and the bracket. I rounded it to fit over the locking bracket so it would not spin.
The next thing I did was I removed the 3/8”locking bolts on the poles and replaced them with grade 8 cone shaped set screws. I was afraid of the supplied bolt would loosen up and allow the poles to loose their setting. The cone shaped set screws would have better gripping action than a standard bolt.
You’ll understand what I mean on both of these mods when you assemble the system. PM me if you have any questions.
I will certainly reach out, @Rene T . Thanks. My system just shipped and on the way. I plan to install it Sept 1-2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom