Shoreline Power problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
jimmie123 said:
The converter was made by Progressive Dynamics. I contacted them, it's a series 6300A, model 6332.

wait 1 there driver....6332 is a magnatek part number (I didnt think PD bought them, I thought ct electric aka PPS did??)

if so, and its a transformer converter, they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fixable.  if you are going to go the new route, may I ask where the old one is going?

quaddriver said:
wait 1 there driver....6332 is a magnatek part number (I didnt think PD bought them, I thought ct electric aka PPS did??)

if so, and its a transformer converter, they are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fixable.  if you are going to go the new route, may I ask where the old one is going?
I got the numbers directly off of the unit. If you live anywhere near Sebring, FL, come on over and get it once I get the new one....otherwise, it's junk. I'm not into attempting to find new caps, resistors, fuses, and Lord knows what else blew, then attempting to solder all of it in place. We didn't get into testing the transistors, but I'm sure that some of them fried too. Remember too, this unit is/was 18 years old, and possibly needed replaced anyway...of course, my putting 240v to it simply hastened it's demise, lol. I'm thinking that the new unit will have updated components as well, which is a good thing. One thought...if you want the old unit and are willing to pay the shipping, let me know and I'll PM you via email...I don't think it'd cost that much to ship.

well oddly enuf, my previous hobby (restoring pickup trucks) ended about 6 weeks ago when I sold the last one (sniff sniff...)  Thinking about getting into restoring Class C rvs and deserving trailers.  Id like to stockpile a shed of parts and am on my way, so yes, Ill PM the address....

quaddriver said:

Quad, you were right, it is actually a Magnatek. Here's the link for the unit that I'm getting.

http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/rv-converters/55-8884.htm

heh heh, a 7345RU is what I just got working and will replace my own 6332 with (sans battery charging, I use a different solution)

Quaddriver,

What kind of parts are you looking for? We converted a 24' Winnie into a mobile grooming shop some years back and still have several pieces left lying around. There's the table and cushions from the dinette, and a shower floor. Maybe a few other pieces out in the garage. I'd have to take a look to say for sure. I've also got a Magnetek 940e converter if anyone can make use of it. It may still work fine, but we just replaced our house batteries and didn't want to take the chance of an older converter.

well I got a neighbor in the scrap biz who gets rvs given to him, he peels them for the metal (frame), aluminum (skin) and copper (wiring+gas lines), and burns the rest.  He tossed out a LOT of good dometic fridges, stoves, heeaters etc

I have been taking stuff that has demonstrable life left, any boards, brake parts, drums, and few appliances.

we got sooo many 70's 80's class C's around here - on dodge, ford and gm van chassis with engines from mopar 318s up to 460's.  and a ton of gm 400s (Im betting the 406 class racers didnt consider rvs as a source for 511 blocks)  and the owners want like 500-1000 for them.  if they are not moldy oldies with some roof integrity, I am looking at them.  I figure new floor covering, wall covering, reseal it, freshen the engine, perhaps a reman tranny (those old 400s, c6s and 727s are a dime a dozen) and I might be able to hit a price and net 500-1000 per.  at the very least I am doing a lot of rv wiring this summer....

Sounds like you've got all you need. We were saving these for one of my daughters who was converting an old school bus, but she's since lost interest in the bus and no longer needs them. Thought maybe someone else could get some use from them.

Tony_Alberta said:
But does that unit do the three stage "smart" charging?    The link doesn't really state any such

Did Magnatek ever make a 3-stage?  I thought theirs were all single stage,, Parallex makes a 2 stage (7300T, not to be confused with the 7300) and may make a 3 stage for all I know.. but I'm not familure with all their products.

The 7300 (not to be confused with the 7300T) is a single stage. (Fixed voltage) unit.

No it's not a 3-stage charger. Might best be termed 1.5 stage, with a single stage that is managed down to a sort of float level.  The 7300RU is just a technology upgrade of the 6300. A big improvement in quality to be sure, but not an increase in functionality.

Back
Top Bottom