Sirius radio for Jensen in dash radio locks up - Winnebago warrantee?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cjshaker

The Sirius satellite radio in my new 2011 View works for a few minutes, then locks up, saying that it is aquiring signal. I suspect it is overheating. Sometimes it comes back for a few seconds, sometimes, it stays silent for the whole trip.

Is this something that Winnebago would replace, Sirius would replace?

Thank you,
Chris Shaker

cjshaker said:
The Sirius satellite radio in my new 2011 View works for a few minutes, then locks up, saying that it is aquiring signal. I suspect it is overheating. Sometimes it comes back for a few seconds, sometimes, it stays silent for the whole trip.

Is this something that Winnebago would replace, Sirius would replace?

Thank you,
Chris Shaker

I had trouble with my Sirius radio on my 2010 View. Turned out to be a defective Jensen radio. Could be the antenna, Sirius radio, the Sirius radio mount/wiring, or the Jensen. You can also call Jensen and get some technical help...they will probably suggest to change out the Sirius radio first :)

The thing that is odd is that the problem comes and goes. Some days, the radio mostly works. Other days, it never works at all, saying 'Aquiring signal' forever.

Chris Shaker

I started having issues again with my Jensen/Sirius radio. I get a "CHECK" on the screen in the SAT mode and the the Sirius radio comes on for 10 seconds then I get another CHECK message and the Sirius goes off. What a pain in the rearend...

Is that a Winnebago installed sirius...or one that you plugged into the AUX port on the Jensen radio?  I installed a sirius unit, with the antenna attached to the bottom middle of the dash window.  Worked great for 3 days...then started to work intermittently.  The antenna is still in the same spot.  How do I determine if the intermittent operation is due to the sirius unit or the Jensen?
Thanks,

Alan

My 2011 View came with the Sirius radio wiring and mount already installed. Just had to slip the radio unit into the pre installed mount. The antenna is mounted on the roof, right behind the hump.

Chris Shaker

shoppeman1 said:
Is that a Winnebago installed sirius...or one that you plugged into the AUX port on the Jensen radio?  I installed a sirius unit, with the antenna attached to the bottom middle of the dash window.  Worked great for 3 days...then started to work intermittently.  The antenna is still in the same spot.  How do I determine if the intermittent operation is due to the sirius unit or the Jensen?
Thanks,

Alan

Had similar problem as discussed previously.  Have contacted Sirius (XM) and they have resent "activation signal" to the radio.  They also somehow said that they increased the power of the signal being sent to the radio.  Since they have sent the new signal, it is great!!
Alan

Back
Top Bottom