Snow Anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Larry N.

We had close to two feet of snow from Saturday afternoon to Sunday evening. First shot was late afternoon through a window (wind was strong). Second, here's a touch of what I saw last night when I opened my front door. The third picture was before the second one, and those crystals are free-standing -- I broke them off before taking the second picture (got'em reversed). And actually, when we first opened the door there was a wall of snow/ice and we had to clean up snow off of the floor after opening the door.

There are also 3 foot plus drifts in the driveway.

Attachments

• IMG_20210314_131323512.jpg
    IMG_20210314_131323512.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210314_192855996.jpg
    IMG_20210314_192855996.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20210314_192813923.jpg
    IMG_20210314_192813923.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 28
We are visiting our son in Loveland 1st of April, hope snow season is over by then..

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    65.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 39
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    43.2 KB · Views: 41
Hang in there. The 1st day of spring is this Saturday. You should be mowing your lawn by this weekend.
😅😂🤣

We are visiting our son in Loveland 1st of April, hope snow season is over by then..
Some of our biggest snows come in April...

Hang in there. The 1st day of spring is this Saturday. You should be mowing your lawn by this weekend.
Some of our biggest snows come in April...

Springtime in the Rockies isn't quite the same as springtime in the east.

I was wondering how you were doing. I hope you have a snow removal service instead of having to do it yourself! The spring storms are the worst because they bring so much wet, heavy snow along with them. We always have a good storm or two in March and at least one in April here in the Midwest too. Luckily it doesn’t come close to yours though!

It started later in the evening here, was actually pretty at first. Woke up Sun a.m. to no power & more snow. Hooked up to the generator in the Bounder & was able to use the gas fireplace & the fridge. If worse came would have stayed in the motorhome. Had it parked & ready to go. Power came on in afternoon & stayed on. We live in a small neighborhood and neighbors shoveled or used snow blowers. DH had acquired a plow to fit on the skidsteer so spent the day clearing the street. Got about 18-20 inches here. Daughter made scones & breakfast burritos, visited with my neighbor over a glass of wine, had chili for dinner and finished the day working on a jigsaw puzzle in front of the fireplace. Not a bad day after all.
I have pictures but can't get them attached. Will keep working on it.

We had close to two feet of snow from Saturday afternoon to Sunday evening. First shot was late afternoon through a window (wind was strong). Second, here's a touch of what I saw last night when I opened my front door. The third picture was before the second one, and those crystals are free-standing -- I broke them off before taking the second picture (got'em reversed). And actually, when we first opened the door there was a wall of snow/ice and we had to clean up snow off of the floor after opening the door.

There are also 3 foot plus drifts in the driveway.
Just read that DIA got 27.1 inches of snow, so no flights so far today. A sister in Thorton says they got 22 inches plus 4 the day before. Cant get their front door open. Really nice here in Yuma.

I was wondering how you were doing. I hope you have a snow removal service instead of having to do it yourself!

I have a garden tractor with a snow plow blade, Pam, and while it's time consuming with such a small rig, it eliminates most manual effort, except for the armstrong power steering and armstrong raising and lowering of the blade. It took over 3 hours in a couple of shifts, but I got the large apron in front of the garage and the 12' x 90' driveway plowed out, mostly, at least enough to get our vehicles out. A neighbor had kindly done the sidewalk along the street with his Bobcat.

Your very inconsiderate Larry,,, we sent that snow from Utah with love!,,<<<Dan

Oh we certainly love it, Dan, and appreciate you forwarding so much -- helps with the drought and it's gorgeous out there this morning -- but often the finest things still come with a price. :cool:

A sister in Thorton says they got 22 inches plus 4 the day before. Cant get their front door open.

As you may have noticed in the pix, Paul, we got the front door open (bit of a chore), but couldn't get out that way.

Douglas, Wyo here. Don't know the official snowfall amount, but it's from knee to belly deep here. Luckily we didn't have the wind here, yet. But it's heavy enough it shouldn't blow lots. Roads are all closed, but don't have anywhere to go. We could get out to town if we had too. Just waiting on sunshine!

Ok, Ok. I'll quit belly-aching about the inch we got this morning. We'd just managed to melt all of the accumulated winters snow.

No snow in Pahrump, just overcast with some wind and a few rain showers. But the mountains between here and Las Vegas are white again

Hope everybody stays safe till it melts off. Larry send it on down the Colorado river so we can bring up Lake Powell and Mead. We are at 38% or less!!

Just read that DIA got 27.1 inches of snow, so no flights so far today. A sister in Thorton says they got 22 inches plus 4 the day before. Cant get their front door open. Really nice here in Yuma.
LOL, PJ. I was talking to my son, who lives in Yosemite the day before yesterday. He was telling me they were getting more snow in the park. I mentioned that I was sitting in Quartzsite in shorts and a T shirt with the windows all open in the RV and temp was like 75. His reaction was predictable.
Got the coach washed yesterday, and then the wind picked up(!!). At least it didn't rain.

Larry,

Looking at that 2nd Pic you shared, suggest next year just pre-position the snow blower leaving it in the Foyer right inside your front door. That will allow you to get a good path easily cleared out that way.

Just got to talk Momma into letting you store it inside. ;)

Won't be long and we are going to Get the Blast Furnace Temps Going down here... Just got to quit dodging the Hail and Tornados first.

Back
Top Bottom