Snowbirds Post Here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We left Minnesota on Nov 19th and are now at The Resort in Mesa, AZ.  We're planning on attending the Quartzsite Rally before returning home in April some time.  We're smiling because it's snowing in Minnesota today!  8) 

Crossing the border into Mexico Dec 28 for a two or more month tour, down the gulf, circle the Yucatan, cut across through the Chapala region, PV, then Matamoros, Hermisillo, then back into the states somewhere. Cold and snowing here in Denver, ugh.

Well, I thought I could bring a few cases of Twinkies along when we headed south, as they are still being made here in Canada by a franchisee.  Sorry, but we've run out of room, too much lobster I guess, and lobster takes precedence.  ;D  I guess anyone having withdrawal will just have to drive up and get your own Twinkies.

Ed

We're currently in Dallas. We'll be in Ft. Myers for January. We'll spend a month on the road and March in Tucson at Desert Trails.

Spent last winter traveling the coast from Charleston, SC to Galveston, TX with Xmas in the FLA keys!  This winter we are exploring the SouthWest, so far it's been the Palm Springs area, beautiful weather thus far, love Joshua Tree N.P. and the Salton Sea. Will likely stay till the end of Dec then check out Southern Arizona, Yuma, Quartzsite for January.

raytronx said:
.... so far it's been the Palm Springs area, beautiful weather thus far, love Joshua Tree N.P. and the Salton Sea.

Hope you enjoyed the weather so far because today it's gone. Cloudy, rainy, and big bad winds predicted for tonight and tomorrow. Guess we have to have a couple of crummy days to pay for all the beautiful days.

Wendy
Anza Borrego Desert State Park

I use to live in Eustis FL before I joined the Army. I love the central Florida area.

Wendy said:
Hope you enjoyed the weather so far because today it's gone. Cloudy, rainy, and big bad winds predicted for tonight and tomorrow. Guess we have to have a couple of crummy days to pay for all the beautiful days.

Wendy
Anza Borrego Desert State Park

haha, ya Wendy it's starting to look like back home in BC, we just came over your way for a few days, boondocking just east of Borrego Springs, off Hwy22. Oh well at least we got 4 great days up at Joshua Tree.
I'll look at this as a free rig wash!

Wendy,

We are now getting your weather here in Yuma! It was cloudy this morning but cleared a little this afternoon though it was a little windy. Started raining tonight and has been on and off for the past few hours.

Reverse Snowbird?? I don't know if we qualify really. Winter in the Coastal Bend of Texas then if I get my way it'll be at least two months at home in Cody next year, I miss my lawn and my shop. Unfortunately we're more full-timers than not this year and I only got to spend a total of three weeks at home in 2012.

I'm kind of surprised by lack of folks reporting the Lone Star State as a winter home. Great people these Texans, very low cost of living and the weather is great as long as you stay away from the northern part of the state.  It's pretty hard to beat $330 a month at an actual KOA for the winter.

Plan to leave Ohio Dec. 27th weather permitting.  Spending Jan near the Everglades then roaming the Gulf Coast Feb and March.  April is undecided.  May head home, might not.  I expect Grandma will need to get home.  Talking about a trip to Glacier in July.

Started in Austin TX in November. Now we're staying a couple months at Lake Corpus Christi. I've got to agree loving South Texas.
This is our first year coming south. Will probable head west then back North come March or April. Take our time to miss Spring Mud season in Minnesota..
Jim in Minn

Scott-0168 said:
OK, who is in Florida or anywhere else for the winter? Karen and I will in Arcadia, Florida. Jan. 1 for most of the winter!  8)

Scott  :)

We are here!  8)

Scott  :)

We are headed to Florida in a week. Will spend a lot of our time north of Plant City but are planning to move around some also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom