Solar Generator?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Solar Generator" is a catchy name from the marketing department. Rolls of the tongue, so much easier than "Portable Power Box with multiple recharging sources". We all know what they really are.
As far as powering things in an RV its all about time, skills and $$. So there are options A,B,C,D you get to pick what works for you.
For some a "Solar generator" is perfect.
I'm in Wyoming when the grid goes down at 9:00pm I just plug in my magic box, get a quiet nights sleep. The next day I start the generator and flip some switches and the critical loads are powered up. If its an extended outage (squirrel vs transformer) The real generator powers things all day, but I shut it off at night and run the solar thingie till the next morning.

A "Solar Generator" is properly called a portable power station. It consists of a battery pack, an inverter, a 12V converter/regulator, and a solar charge controller(usually mppt). They are simply a self contained system when paired with solar panels. It's not a gimmick, and they come in all sizes, up to and including models that have 5000-7000 watt inverters, even split phase 240 volts. You can power a whole house with one of those. Two of the top makers are Bluetti and Ecoflow. I have a Bluetti AC200L, which has a 2 killowatt battery and a 2400 watt inverter. It will run my microwave and my 13.5K AC. It will accept 1200 watts of solar, I power mine with 4 320 watt folding panels. It is no joke. I do have my honda 2200 for cloudy days, and when needed. I also have 200 watts solar on the trailer, and an additional 400 watts folding when necessary.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom