Sorry....take YOUR dog somewhere else (they say)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just thinking that you know your dog. The other people in a park don't know how you have raised your dog, or your dog's temperament. Seems to me that the campground owners want to provide a comfortable environment for everyone staying there. It's good to carry insurance, but if you don't wear a t-shirt saying you have a policy and advertising your policy number, no one knows you are insured. Besides, people who don't want to be bit, aren't "unbitten", or don't suffer less pain because someone carries insurance. Non pet-people, people deathly fearful of dogs, are your fellow humans and hopefully warrant enough concern from us all that we would never want to cause them distress. Having dog-friendly campgrounds and dog-free campgrounds seems like a good way to respect one another's comfort zones.

I just signed up for the Good Sam Club (three year good deal) and I am seriously considering asking for my money back.  It seems the majority of the places we would want to go have irrational dog restrictions.  If you think about it, it is not the breed of dog, it is the owners, and you REALLY think about it, those owners whose dogs are aggressive are probably not the type of PEOPLE you would want in your camp ground. 

Rather than ban BREEDS, have folks agree to a no refund "adios" if their dog proves to be a miscreant.  We have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and he is pretty much the perfect pet.  We call him our furry, non-verbal child.  He gets boarded at a facility that makes it very clear that aggressive dogs are not allowed, and all the staff there love him.  Breed shmeed!  Rant over.

inscop said:
I just signed up for the Good Sam Club (three year good deal) and I am seriously considering asking for my money back.  It seems the majority of the places we would want to go have irrational dog restrictions.  If you think about it, it is not the breed of dog, it is the owners, and you REALLY think about it, those owners whose dogs are aggressive are probably not the type of PEOPLE you would want in your camp ground. 

Rather than ban BREEDS, have folks agree to a no refund "adios" if their dog proves to be a miscreant.  We have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and he is pretty much the perfect pet.  We call him our furry, non-verbal child.  He gets boarded at a facility that makes it very clear that aggressive dogs are not allowed, and all the staff there love him.  Breed shmeed!  Rant over.

I totally agree!  We also have a Staffy and he is by far the best behaved dog we have ever had and we've had all hunting dogs (Chesapeake Bay Retrievers) that would have bit someone for just looking at them funny!!  And we've had Maltese that would bit just because you looked funny!  But, my Staffordshire doesn't have an aggressive bone in his body and yet he is "not allowed."  It really pisses me off....now, my rant over too!  Thanks needed to do that!!  LOL

RV Lyfe said:
Larry,

I thought you might like this picture....Drago (my old K9) is on the left and Vinny is on the right.

You can easily tell....one is ready to work (and one of the best biters in the PD)....the other is ready for a nap. LOL
Two beautiful dogs.  In particular, the GSD (sorry, I'm biased  ;D  ).  Looks a lot like a GSD family member we had a couple of years ago.

If I had the time, I would be active in trying to get laws past in states that disallow these breed restrictions.  You can say that places have the right to refuse anyone for any reason, but as a full-timer this can be very unfair when going to an area that may not have a place available that you can go to.
OFF TOPIC RANT - START
I belong to another forum, where I get notified by email whenever there is activity on a POST that I participated in.  There is no such setting that I can find on this forum.  After not checking for a while, I see that this thread showed up in my "Show new replies to your posts" link.  That is why I haven't responded to it in a while.  It is frustrating!!
OFF TOPIC RANT - STOP

Hey DakotaRed

Click on "Notify" at the bottom of your post.  That will give you what you want...notification by email that someone has posted to the topic you have posted to.

Gord

Latest saga in this story.  As stated currently working at a park with breed restrictions, because of insurance.  Checking in a guy who drove up with no reservations, was asked if he had any pets, answer "Do you charge for service dogs?"  Answer "No, sir" and no further questions asked.  Next day his "service" pit bull attacked a dog in the park.  He was asked to leave the park, and he refused.  The manager called the sheriff and he was evicted from the park.  This is a private park, privately owned with no affiliations what so ever. 

And that is exactly what should happen when people lie to you.  No refunds either!  Like I said, it is the PEOPLE that you don't want in the park, not the poor innocent dogs.  That guy sounds just like the buttheads that cause pits and staffies to have a bad reputation.

Interesting perspectives!  I not comfortable around large dogs I don't know personally.  If they are not allowed to run around free and crap in my zone of pleasure I'm cool.  But some people just don't follow the rules so I understand the park position on this one.  If they can afford to do it without loosing bookings, then it makes it even more sense to do it by not having the expense of clean up, damage, and clashes with or between patrons.   

it's all about the liability insurance of the campground, they don't hate your dog but the small minority that train their dog to become aggressive have ruined it for the rest of the people who have gentle dogs... 

Wonder if they were required to wear a muzzle if that would help? 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tim Dunn
Back
Top Bottom