St. Andrews State Park, Fl

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Norm-n-Mary

Mary & I set out March 10th for the first RVing tour. First stop is St. Andrews State Park up in the panhandle. Has anyone stayed there and how's the fishing? What about places to see and restaurants

The lots in the park are close, but have lots of trees and low bush around them. On the whole, it's a nice, clean park with good utilities. Pine needles and cones, the placement of the fire pit can be puzzling at times. The camp store is a ways off. Be sure to keep an eye out for the deer. I've seen them every day I've stayed there.

Not sure what the crowds are like in March, as I have been going in November over Thanksgiving weekend for two years now.

The park is right at the south end of Panama City Beach, FL, which is basically a party town, with pubs, clubs, a couple of tattoo shops, and lots of beach and surf shops.

Plenty of restaurants. Many of the pubs have great food as well. Patches Pub right outside the park has HUGE delicious hamburgers. Don't get a double unless you have help eating it. ;)

DEFINITELY go to Andy's Flour Power Cafe-Bakery. I have most of my breakfasts there.

While staying in St. Andrews, I found that the atmosphere of Panama City, FL (no beach, inland over the bridge) is more laid back and restful. I checked out a couple of really nice coffee bars, and an interesting, delicious, "restaurant" over there. Little Village, eclectic art shop with live music and food stand. Loved the fish tacos.

All I can say about fishing is that around the campground there were some big smiles on the guys who did go out. I don't do that myself.

Update: I'm attaching a pic of my rig at St Andrews.

Attachments

• StAndrewsSP-800x800.jpg
    StAndrewsSP-800x800.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 26
DW and I just returned from the Destin area...the whole of the panhandle area has been subjected to  a phenomenon called Red Tide in the gulf waters..really nasty weather... cold and windy conditions..thousands of starfish have been found washed up on beaches and the fishing generally was pretty lousy, although there were a few fish being caught just when we left a week ago!  Be aware that Spring Breakers will be enjoying the area and you will might need reservations if you want to camp anywhere near the beaches...enjoy..

March 10 will be the start of spring break for some school systems.  I hope you have reservations.  The whole area will be crowded.

Back
Top Bottom