Starcraft Travel Star 278bhs Galaxy Edition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TexanTrails

So we were second in line on a jayco 27.5 bhs and the dealer said he didnt think the people would get financing for it.  He calls today and says he thinks the sale will actually go through so the dealer is trying to sell us a Starcraft Travel Star 278bhs galaxy edition trailer.  Its a 2012 and slight more loaded than the jayco.  I searched on here for starcraft but am not finding any info.  Any thoughts about this brand?  I know jayco owns them and they are made at the same factory but they dont get the 2 year warranty.  The weights are very similar but the starcraft has bigger tanks plus and additional awning over a better outside kitchen.  Any input on quality of this brand would be appreciated.  Also they would stick a sidewinder pin on it.  Any input on this pin?

Thanks for the help
Greg

Greg....me thinks the dealer is manipulating you to upsell you.  I bet if you say no to the 2nd option, the first one could suddenly become available again.  Then again, I could be wrong.  Buy the trailer you really want, whatever it is, to begin with.

He actually offered it to me at the same price.  The addition of the sidewinder would also be at the same cost.  I hate the whole negotiation part of buying something.  The price he is offering is a very good deal and the trailer is loaded.  I just cant find info about this brand except that jayco bought them and they are made at the same factory. 

TexanTrails said:
He actually offered it to me at the same price.  The addition of the sidewinder would also be at the same cost.  I hate the whole negotiation part of buying something.  The price he is offering is a very good deal and the trailer is loaded.  I just cant find info about this brand except that jayco bought them and they are made at the same factory.

Same here.  Hate haggling.  I usually give them a cash offer, take it or leave it.

If it's the same price, go for it.  Jayco is a good unit, but there are good and bad pieces from every manufacturer and every line.  I've heard plenty of negative about Forest River, and yet I love my Palomino.  The main thing is to buy from a dealer that will support it after the sale, and to pick out the floorplan that best suits your needs.

Hi Greg,

We have a 2007 Starcraft ST 2400BH TT that we bought new.  It's the only trailer we've ever owned so I don't have anything else to compare to.  Ours is a pretty basic floorplan with no slides and few extras.  We've been happy with this trailer and it definitely serves our needs for the way we use it.  I have had to repair small stuff: loose trim, city water inlet check valve etc. but I accept those as normal wear and tear.  I'm disappointed that the dinette seat cushions have lost their support, and that the decal on the side that sees the most sun has begun to peel.  My most significant repair, besides the awning (my fault), has been a failed tongue jack but I don't consider that reflective of Starcraft.  Overall we've been pleased with our purchase of this brand.

Jerry

Well.....I drove to Austin to get the new Starcraft trailer.  It looks great and I love the floorplan.  Since I didnt leave Austin until late on a Saturday night I chose to stop by Dallas and stay a night there and see some family.  After I disconnected the fifth wheel the truck wouldnt start.  I tried all I could to get it running on Sunday but I had to get it towed to a dealership on Monday morning.  A new fuel pump and turbo later leaves me still sitting in Dallas waiting on the truck to be finished.  I should be able to leave around 1400 today.  The trailer has performed wonderfully on these unexpected days of camping and I cant wait to use it on a planned trip.  The truck has me worrying now though.  it towed it great...rarley switching out of overdrive...but just failing to start after I unhooked.  Hopefully these repairs will fix any problems and they were covered by warranty.

Greg

Back
Top Bottom