State-by-State Gun Laws

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exactly...parroting the media when it is simply nowhere near the truth. Weapons of war is a comical and outright lie. Brainwashed? YEP.

Boring. It’s not a musket. But please, continue to have a mental breakdown over that point.

Which military has ever purchased a civilian version of an AR-15?

-Don- Reno, NV

A civilian version. Hmm. You might be on to something there. Tell me the story of why Armalite developed the AR-15 and for whom they developed it.

But I don't even care, it's poorly invested thought for me. I'm not convinced an AR-15 would be useful as an everyday carry for me nor is it something I'd use to defend myself at home. Against tyranny? Well apparently all I have to do is call an AR-15 a weapon of war and it brings grown men to their knees. That's a top-pocket find.

It’s not a musket.
Why go after the 2nd Amendment when it is the first amendment that is the cause of copycat crime?

The old Hong Kong way works well. Put a bag over the suspect's face when arrested and only then let the news media take all the photos they want. Suspect's name not mentioned at all.

TV and radio is NOT "press" and back then in 1787 they probably never dreamed radio & TV would exist a couple of hundred years later.

Hong Kong has no freedom of the press. I wonder how many more of our constitutional rights we can give up for public safety.

1712796508711.png

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Ben Franklin.
"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."
-JFK
"While we shall negotiate freely, we shall not negotiate freedom."
-JFK

why Armalite developed the AR-15 and for whom they developed it.
For profit, regardless of whom buys. Kinda like anything else. Offer them a higher price and AR would have sold them all to you. Every one of them, causing the military to look elsewhere for weapons which meet their specs--such as having select fire, which the civilian version does NOT have.

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
Why go after the 2nd Amendment when it is the first amendment that is the cause of copycat crime?

The old Hong Kong way works well. Put a bag over the suspect's face when arrested and only then let the news media take all the photos they want. Suspect's name not mentioned at all.

TV and radio is NOT "press" and back then in 1787 they probably never dreamed radio & TV would exist a couple of hundred years later.

Hong Kong has no freedom of the press. I wonder how many more of our constitutional rights we can give up for public safety.

View attachment 172262

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
-Ben Franklin.
"The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission."
-JFK
"While we shall negotiate freely, we shall not negotiate freedom."
-JFK

There's that slippery slope again. It's a Duesy.

For profit, regardless of whom buys. Kinda like anything else. Offer them a higher price and AR would have sold them all to you. Every one of them, causing the military to look elsewhere for weapons which meet their specs--such as having select fire, which the civilian version does NOT have.

-Don- Reno, NV

Ah- It's on the tip of your tongue. Would you like to solve?

Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 18.27.59.png

I'm not convinced an AR-15 would be useful as an everyday carry for me nor is it something I'd use to defend myself at home.
I am very familiar with AR15s because of my time in the army with the M-16. I agree it's close, but the military doesn't want it without Select Fire. Full auto was rarely used in Vietnam except during our Mad Minutes. BTW, I could legally buy a M-16 here in NV, if I want to spend at least 25K$ on such. Even same year as I used in Vietnam (infantry--1969). It could be my choice, even if it's the pistol version I built myself (on top, AK47 pistol on bottom):Top pistol started building with a BLANK Lower receiver. I installed the trigger assembly and the rest of it.:

AR15 lower receiver:
1712799276732.png
My AR15 pistol on top (tags are number records for my computer--rather large collection).
AR15pistol.jpg

But I now prefer the 5.7 x 28 MM stuff, such as my PS-90 (purchased as shown):
1712799892154.png

-Don- Reno, NV

Attachments

• 1712798757276.png
    1712798757276.png
    166 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
But how many non-select fire AR-15s did our military buy?

Likely fewer than angry shooters who bought them to shoot up schools and nightclubs. Am I right?

That said, it’s fairly easy to convert a “civilian” version to be fully automatic, is it not?

Your argument is a little like saying this ballistic missile isn’t a weapon of war because it’s painted purple. The military’s are painted gray.

Your argument is a little like saying this ballistic missile isn’t a weapon of war because it’s painted purple. The military’s are painted gray.
A weapon of war has to be used in war to be such. Pretty simple, isn't it? Yes, the paint could make the difference of it meeting the military spec or not.

Everything used in war is a weapon of war. Even my stack of MREs here. The entire military is a weapon of war. Even me when I served.

Everything NOT used in war cannot be a weapon of war-- at least not until it is.

But if you said the AR-15 can be as dangerous as the M-16, I would agree. If that is what you meant, why didn't you just say so? Full auto is rarely used in combat (even if the movies show otherwise).

But it is often used in Mad Minutes, the only major exception. Since probably few here knows what it means, it is explained below:

-Don- Reno, NV

Last edited:
Likely fewer than angry shooters who bought them to shoot up schools and nightclubs. Am I right?

That said, it’s fairly easy to convert a “civilian” version to be fully automatic, is it not?

Why does people blame weapon for deaths by mentally ill people?
It's taken about 4 decades for society to realize eliminating mental hospitals and integrating the mentally ill into society was not a sound idea.
A mentally ill man in China killed and wounded over 30 children with a knife. Did they blame the knife? Nope they executed the man.

Why does people blame weapon for deaths by mentally ill people?
It's taken about 4 decades for society to realize eliminating mental hospitals and integrating the mentally ill into society was not a sound idea.
A mentally ill man in China killed and wounded over 30 children with a knife. Did they blame the knife? Nope they executed the man.

People blames weapon for death because we’re talking about gun violence in the US where guns like the AR-15 are designed to kill many people quickly and because guns are the weapon of choice in mass murders. If a knife or an AR-15 are both easy to obtain, which is better at spreading butter and which one is better at killing people? (Come on, invoking guns and butter in a debate about gun control just scored me like 5 extra points). But really, why aren’t people using ballistic missiles to carry out their anger? Maybe because they’re hard to get?

Why do you blame the mentally ill for gun violence when the vast majority of people with mental health disorders are nonviolent and only 5% of mass shooters had any kind of mental health adjudication? (AAMC).

Most likely because it’s an easy distraction from actual gun violence. It’s also a hollow cry because almost nothing is done, mass shooting after mass shooting, “but mental health!”. It’s an important concern for sure, but nevertheless not very convincing that the issue isn’t also access to guns.

That means you support banning the .45 cal. ACP+ ammunition, It was designed for the military for use in the mid-east.

Don’t forget muskets.

Skookum, mental illness is a valid concern, both parents of one shooter have been found guilty of buying their son a long gun while knowing he is mentally ill.
I read so many of the liberal media comments in you writings here, I wonder if you have any self-created comments.
Would you consider banning all vehicles to eliminate vehicular deaths? I ask this because of the number of vehicular deaths from drivers ramming into crowds, drunk driving, reckless driving, etc.

some of those MRE's tasted so bad they would likey incite a war.
I would take the worse MRE over the best C-rats I was stuck with back in 1969-70.

FWIW, I have yet to find anything in any military MRE that I could not tolerate--and I probably have tried them all.

I always have a couple of cases of MREs around.

-Don- Reno, NV

Back
Top Bottom