Still here, decided to just start new thread

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope it turns out to be nothing, Carolyn.  It's amazing how we work around not having a digit or limb working at its max.  You'll figure out ways to get things done!  Good luck on Saturday.

ArdraF

Sending good thoughts your way, Carolyn.  Working without full use of my right arm right now, so I can sympathize.  I'll make it ... so will you!  We're tough!  ;D  (And, you're a lot tougher than I am!) 

Margi

I told Sue Anne she can't laugh at me if I become old 3 finger!
::)

The doc said he could possibly have to cut a tendon or nerves, I asked them if that meant the finger would stand straight up all the time :eek:, he said nope just be numb.

Hey you might as well laugh, life is what you make it.

Tom had skin cancers removed last year, a few on his arm.  Luckily they got it all and he has had no reoccurrence, you know we are getting that age. 

I'm sure it will not amount to anything, the hand doc said he felt the MRI doc was just covering himself, I like that explanation.

Carolyn,

Good luck on the surgery and on the results of the biopsy.  Many here have some form of disability from a stiff wrist, currently my issue, to major ones and we still manage to get through life successfully and I am sure you will too. 

Best wishes and a few prayers too,

Carolyn,  I've been checking all month for your normal posting heading and had begun to worry if you were alright.  Then it dawned on me to look for you under a different title in Shade Tree.  And there you were with your busy Oct.  Nice to catch up on what you and the family have been up to!  Thanks for posting!  Looks like it's time to break out the heavier coats.  :)

Margaret

P.S.  Posted this without reading your newer post about the surgery.  Hope all goes well and it is benign.  Thinking about you.  :)

I took the motorhome up to Wetnights today to get the rest of the stuff done.  Dear old Tom ran
out of time.

They are going to fix the front levelor, change fuel filters on the diesel motor, do a check on the front end, Tom wanted to make sure there was no abnormal wear on anything.  Check the drivers front windshield, seems to be loose at left bottom. Fix the bracket that holds the exhaust pipe for the generator, its loose and rattling. Change the transmission fluid and filter.

I also have a horrible time getting the pin in that holds the Demco hitch up on the back of the motorhome, he said the bar needs adjusted the pin goes in. It's for when its pushed in and not being used  So little things that needs done.

Took MIL with us today, she had never ridden in it.  Then we took her to lunch.  She is really having a hard time remembering things the last 2 days. Sue Anne gets a bit frustrated with her, I told her she is going to have to just ignore her repeating herself over and over that she can't help it.  It would get on my nerves if I had to listen to it all the time.  We try to get her out and about when we can, gives her something new and different to talk about. 

It's 52 out but the sun is out and its cold but pretty. It did get 27 last night but then its almost November too.  I need to pick up pecans the lawn could stand one last mowing as its growing.  I will likely do it next week.  I have a zero turn mower but I bet I can do it.

A high school friend is coming over next week, I'm going to help her work on our 50th class reunion, is that unreal or what.  50 YEARS!  Well I know I can't be that old.

I looked at the beautiful Revolution up at Wetnights today, just gorgeous inside, Sue Anne wouldn't even look.  If I were the folks selling it, its a 2007, I would have the rusty front step painted.  I can't believe that rust on that motorhome.  I didn't look underneath as I was just looking but I would be concerned there was rust elsewhere.  It had 4 slides and felt as big as a house inside, it sure was a beauty.

So the items Tom didn't get time to do will be finished.

I'm starting to hurt, typing 9 fingered.  Tumor was involved with nerves, tendon, and joint, took him twice as long as he anticipated getting it out.
He said only 10% chance it will return, he thinks he got it all.
He is pretty sure is benign, will be absolutely positive once biopsy is complete.

Tendon is ok, still numb after 12 hours, the shots hurt so bad, ohhhh.  And he said it was so into stuff it was really going to hurt after all the work he had to do inside. But he gave me good pain pills and plenty of them! Hoping the nerves are ok, won't know until shot effects is gone.

Not the first time, years back had one cut off the side of my tongue and another place, both benign, its called tissue growing on tissue for us laymen types.  So here's hoping, I feel pretty comfortable its ok though.  Now I'm going to go feel sorry for myself a bit. :'(

It's good that is over with. Hope the nerves are all OK and that it is truly a benign tumor.

Take it easy for a few days!

Hugs to you, Carolyn.  The big C is a formidable opponent, but can be overcome.  My money is on you!

Margi

Glad it's over and it sounds positive.  Fingers crossed for you!

ArdraF

I feel much better tonight.  Minor things for others but I've only had some laproscopic surgery and a hysterectomy, never even had a broken bone so I'm a big wuss.

Still swollen pretty big, but ok.  Thanks for your thoughts.

Glad  you are feeling better.  This sounds like a forced rest  for you.  Enjoy the resting part!

BB

Yes, and by today I was bored.  Sue Anne went to MIL's for a couple of days, they do ok together.  I've read, worked on some tax stuff, have more to do but don't want to.

But that came to an end MIL claims someone stole her purse or rather stuff out of it.  But she claimed it was Sat night then couldn't decide if it was Fri night.  She went to a neighbors birthday party and said she came home and it was the stuff inside was gone but she couldn't remember which night.  However, I saw the other purse and the one she had today was not the same one, in fact I think I gave this one to her. 

Sue Anne and I went all over the place, I know she had it last Friday as we took the motorhome to Wetnights and she went with us.  She tried to pay for dinner but I paid, after that I never noticed.  I called the restaurant and of course nothing.  Thank God a few weeks ago when I found she was carrying around $6000 in cash, yes you read that right I put it in the bank.  She didn't even know what she had. She still doesn't seem to understand how much she has in the bank, I keep telling her.  I was afraid if someone truly did get her information they might get it and she would think it was me.

We had been going to help her open a new acct so this was the time, her deceased husband of over 10 years was still on the acct.  Also closed her old safety deposit box and opened a bigger one for us and moved her things over, just deeds.  She can't find the key so going to have to pay for that.  Went to get license and she had the wrong year for her birthday.  She is slipping pretty bad.  Changed the mailing address for property taxes, car ins, and ordered new checks and license.  Tomorrow to Terre Haute for moving her SS check deposit and a small pension.  Got to get a new medicare card and supplement card.  I am taking over all her bill paying.

Today I was looking in the oven and I'm seeing 2 skillets not washed, Sue Anne had diarrhea last time over there, it will finally get to where I can't let her go and Sue Anne likes her grandma, that is going to be tough.

She didn't have any credit cards so no issue there, but with her id they could cash checks, she said she didn't have a checkbook in her purse but I doubt if she knew for sure if she did or didn't.  I know some time ago we were talking about getting new carpet next spring and she is talking about buying it and said she had the money there so who knows she may have put more in it.  She has a neighbor lady next door close to Tom's age and is always broke, if its truly gone I think its her.  She says noway, I help her when she needs it but she would be the only one that would know she was gone for awhile.  Otherwise there are only old ladies in the 5 houses around there.  Her sister claimed money was stolen and I think they found her purse but they blamed some boys that moved in with their family across the railroad tracks, he works at the prison. 

I think its there somewhere.  Last week she claimed someone left a train set she had been looking for on the bar.  She figured they stole it and felt guilty and brought it back, I think she found it upstairs where it was stored.

I'm not sure how I'm going to handle all this and also wonder if I will be able to go in January.  I told Tom I cannot bring her here, with her and Sue Anne I would be crazier.  But the situation is deteriorating.  She is only comfortable in her narrow tiny world.  Come to think of it, think I need to adjust her TV again, I think Sue Anne said it wasn't working again.  Sad situation.

Tom is absolutely lost as to how to deal with this situation.  I went through somewhat of this with mom but I think hers was dementia or just not eating and taking meds that caused confusion.  There was a difference.  I saw another old lady at the ins office who appeared even more lost.  And God I look at them and think there I am one day.  Scares the crap out of me as I have no one to look out for me.  Worrisome.

Well at least that got rid of the boredom.  ::) Just realized we need to get her a new wallet too. I'm going to make copies of everything in case she keeps losing it or perhaps someone did steal it.  If she did have money in it and it was stolen, they will come back for more, but I doubt she has any around now.  She gets a rent check but I will likely have to get money out for her, I don't know how she did it before. 

I am going to get her an outside light also, I told her if there really are thieves they like it dark.

Carolyn:

We have lived the nightmare of Alzheimer's with my mother for 6 years. With the death of my father this spring my brother who lives nearby realized there was no choice but moving her into an assisted living facility. As much as she wants to "go home" we can finally live with the knowledge that she is safe as she deals with her new reality.

She is fortunate as she lives in this tiny little place, it was a grain elevator stop so there 6 or 7 houses left, they are all widows, and all have lived there all their lives, except for one younger man that bought one of the places and lives alone.  He still works.  Also one ladies son comes down and helps her, he isn't married and when he retires he is going to live there.

Only 2 women are younger and I says 60's.  The one next door has been in jail before for dope and stuff and if anyone is doing anything I suspect her.  May be wrong but she will get some iffy "boyfriend" once in awhile soooo.  And MIL gives her money, she said oh she always pays me back, honestly, I doubt she knows if she does.  So to me there is my suspect rightly or wrongly.  I think she was pretty tight in there till we came back.  Whatever, MIL is going to have limited access to money, not because we want her to just the way it is.  I will give her checks but she seldom writes one and make sure she has cash too but not cash to pay property tax bills and things. I will also monitor her bank account online like ours and she didn't want an ATM card. The people in the treasurers office were concerned she was bringing thousands in to pay things.  This is a small town area and believe me everyone knows everything about each other. She is very cooperative and wants me to take over all bill paying so I am.  She said otherwise she worries about it.  I just feel odd as the DIL doing this. I think its killing Tom to see his mom getting like this.  He would do anything for her, well we have! I will see she is taken care of, but like mom if I didn't have Sue Anne too I could have her move in.  I just mentally can't do it and thank God, Tom understands.

I don't know how long we can keep her at her home.  Long as she is comfortable and safe she can stay there.  I can see a day I have to get her groceries and things. I know she will be happy there long as we can do it and she is only 3 miles away. She doesn't care to run around like me, she is strictly a homebody so that helps. Actually Sue Anne is feeling good about herself and says she can help grandma too so for now its working. So we may be able to manage this a few more years, just have to see. 

Long as I can get away a couple of times a year I will be ok.

I know what you mean about feeling odd being the daughter-in-law and working with her finances.  When Jerry's mother died, his dad had never written any checks, had never balanced a checkbook, and had no clue about the check clearing system and inter-bank transactions.  He didn't even know he could go to another branch of his bank to get cash!  We didn't take over his finances (we lived at opposite ends of the country) because he was fine mentally, but I did teach him the basics so he could balance his checkbook by himself.  Usually it's the man who handles the finances and I've known women who have never written a check, but in this case his mom always handled their finances.

When my own mother started having issues with checkbook balancing I took them over and I think she was actually relieved to have someone else do it.  Sounds like your MIL also might be relieved.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom