Still here, decided to just start new thread

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Saw on FB my cousins left Quartzsite this morning...heading back to Arkansas.  They said they had a great time with family there!  Hope you do too!  :)

Enjoyed meeting many of you this evening, will join you for brunch tomorrow if we get the chance.  Just glad I finally got put faces with many of you for the first time. Sue Anne said mom, those are very nice people.

It was nice to meet both of you, too. Hope to see you tomorrow. We have a great time.

I love connecting  faces with RVForum Posts. Carolyn has been a long time member on our RVForum with  many many  posts. If we calculated who came the farthest and through the worst weather to get to Quartzsite, it would be Carolyn and her daughter Sue Anne.  I was delighted to meet both during our  Quartzsite  2014 rally  Happy Hour tonight.  I snapped a quick photo and when  they  began to pack up to leave Sue Anne told  me " We are Framily."  What a sweetie!"

Attachments

• IMG_8566.JPG
    IMG_8566.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 61
I've been waiting to read this post!  It was a given that when the RV Forum group met Carolyn. and Carolyn met the RV Forum group, it would be a mutual admiration meeting!  Bless you, Sue Ann!  You described this group perfectly.

After following their exploits (adventures?) for a couple of years, it was delightful to finally meet Carolyn and Sue Anne.  Now if we could just bring Tom home from Africa....  I'm glad you're coming to the potluck.  See you tomorrow.

ArdraF

I must admit that one of the reasons I do this is Sue Anne has so much fun going and seeing.  I do to but I love seeing things through her eyes.  She is ready for any new adventure.  We had her in a group home for about a year, a nice one but they didn't go much of anywhere.  It was almost like a little bird who had its wings clipped,she looked so sad.  I thought what am I doing that is so important that she can't do it too?  I couldn't leave her there, she was a young person and needed to live. We used to travel by car but didn't always work well.

We tried the old motorhome first to see how we liked it and she just loved it so we were off.

And needless to say dad will let her and I do almost anything we want to try, so we are fortunate in that respect. I can't say enough good about him.  I told him he would be rich without us!!

Sue Anne has her issues and its not always easy but the joy she has brought has been well worth all the problems we have had to deal with concerning her.

And my life changed for the better many years ago when I decided "you can be as happy as you want to be".  If sounds to simplistic but its truel

I hope that we can go more often in the future, just have to see how that works out.

A little story and a BIG Thanks to Carolyn and Tom.  We have never meet in person but Carolyn saved my BIL's sanity. possibility his life and made him happy, comfortable and safe.  BIL and sister lived in WI.  BIL got job in Houston but sister stayed in WI so son could finish high school.  BIL rented apartment that look nice.  Found out new owners had run off the undesirables but they started coming back about 4 months into his lease and it got worse from there.  Parties, fights with weapons etc.  He would come home and never go out once inside - just not safe.  He had to get out.  I contacted Carolyn and she came to his rescue and rented him an trailer on a lake for very little $.  He was so happy there.  He got to meet both Carolyn and Tom and like them both very much, said they were such positive examples of that Texas trait to be friendly and helpful.

He sure appreciated your help Carolyn.  I want to thank you for taking such good care of him.  The are now living in Canyon Lake and son is at university.

Carolyn, hope you do not mind me telling story but since you are no longer in Houston thought might be OK...
Jennifer

It's ok, he was a super nice guy and I'm just so happy things turned out well for he and his family.  There was an elderly man across the street that really liked him.

The same old Silver Streaks are now serving 2 other young men well.  One has changed his life and is doing great, the other one may be one of those people you just can't help.

We aren't going to make it to brunch today.  The RV guy got here but like most things its taking longer then anticipated.

I believe in karma, what goes around comes around so do a little good in life and it comes back around.

I apparently had 2 leaks, one at the p trap of the washer, he showed me where someone had patched it before, also one at the valve on the water heater, the bypass valve.  Not leaking a lot but had been for some time it appeared.

Also we figured out what dear old hubby did with the fresh water tank, no leak there afterall, just in his attempt to create an easy way for me to winterize he added a step and I couldn't figure out how to get the water to flow into it, so good things happened this afternoon.

I am now doing laundry, happily in the motorhome instead of the on site laundry

Missed you both at the potluck. Maybe you could join us out here in the boonies next year :)

We did, indeed, miss having you at the potluck but totally understand the reason.  RV repairs don't (never??) usually fit into the schedule we would like.  I'm glad you found the leaks which are always a worry.  Nevertheless it was fun meeting you and Sue Anne yesterday.  We would love to have you join us out here in the desert the next time.  Our first two visits to Quartzsite were at RV parks and we would look at the desert and thought all those people must be crazy to be out there.  Then we met the RV Forum and it was so much more fun to be out here with them.  Now I can't imagine being in Quartzsite and not be among family.  Say hi to Tom for us!  Maybe we'll get to meet him someday too.

ArdraF

With one this old you might get a repair every couple hundred miles, just kidding I hope, but they are much more frequent, that's for sure.

Sue Anne and I are haunting some more flea markets today.  I would like to find some cabinet door fasteners, these are brass with a knob that goes between 2 beads, I doubt I find them, likely will order from Fleetwood, but who knows.  I need 1 for sure for the cabinet over Sue Annes seat where the Dish box is. I can just put a different one up there if necessary, hate to bonk her on the head with components.

I am also going to see Shade Pro and see if I can get new pull down straps for the window awnings and large awning.  The ends where they fasten to the cleats on the walls are pretty rotten where they are exposed to the sun, the rest is like new.  Tom said they will have to take an end cap off to slide them in.  Also these are longer then normal since they roll up under the metal sun covers so they will have to make them.

This is a very nice park, no dogs barking all night, that sure is welcome and its not because it isn't crowded as it is.  We have used the showers here several times and they are really clean, to me a big  plus.

If the weather warms up some we will head up to Vegas Friday or Saturday morning.  If  not we well head back on I 10 and amble along or other roads and stop and see places we have intended to on other trips when we were in to much of a hurry.  We may even amble over to Florida before we have to head back to the north lands.  Where ever we go it will be dictated by the weather.

And Tom and I both learned we have to do a more thorough job of winterizing.  The repair guy said we need to run a gallon of pink stuff through the washer.  We did not put that much in, but will next time. It's been a long time since we have been in cold country.  Think I will get Tom to insulate my motorhome garage and put minimal heat in it just to keep it above freezing to help alleviate some of the missed places issue.  I don't want something like this again.

Well off of here, we had a late breakfast and are off to play.  Does my car need cleaned up inside and out but think its pointless for now.

Have a great day, I know we will.

It appears so, if someone is around tomorrow afternoon will try to remember to get them.  They were super cheapies so no big loss if I don't.

Sue Anne is running me all over, she thinks flea markets are wonderful, she never saw one she didn't like!  I'm tired.

And I'm waxing on the motorhome too, hope to get one side at least and the front done, don't know if I will get more done this week.  I got a good wax but
the cleaner wax is the best.  And the buff color always needs a lot of coats, I didn't get to it last year, I need to do it annually to keep it from discoloring.

Later all.

Carolyn, I am so happy you made it down there.  Wow, brave of you to make such a trip with just you and Sue Anne, you two are pretty special and Tom sounds like he is a charm too.

I hope you get to California and Vegas instead of heading East, by the sounds of it the weather all over but west is cold.  It is very cold up here in Ontario and winter has been very long so far.

BTW, did you bring the Caddy?

No I still have the Saturn.  I left the new Caddy at home.  Tom has to get the base plate and everything for it and had no time. 

I hate to pull it behind as this time I had a rock hit and break the windshield on the Saturn, it will be covered by insurance.  I know I can get a cover for
the front if I do haul it.  But this car is old enough I don't worry about it.  I know everyone tows new ones but maybe they trade them more often then us, we keep one for a long time so I try to take good care of them.

We have been so tired at night , been going to bed at 9:30, that is not like us at all.  I haven't even had the TV on but one night since we left Indiana.

I just checked the weather up there and its awful.  They are to get more snow this week, I can't believe how bad it is.  All I can say is happy we made it out of there.  I hope the furnace is running and all is well, would hate to go home to frozen pipes.  However most of ours are in the basement so that might help keep them from freezing and busting, can only hope.

I think I finally wore Sue Anne down enough that she decided to stay in today.  Going to go get sugar so I can make a cherry cheesecake for us. I went, bought a bunch of stuff and forgot the sugar wouldn't you know!

I don't worry about the driving and I also have Coach Net which I have had good luck with before, plus the trusty checkbook!  I might have a CC permit also, just for a little extra safety margin shall we say.  And having a toad as hubby says keeps me from getting stranded.  Since he calls once or twice a day and knows where I am I imagine the blood hounds would be out searching pretty quick. 

You are right about the weather.  I was looking at Florida or Vegas and right now neither are as warm as here.  This is really a nice temperature even if I'm not crazy about the dryness.  It's really nice to be out of that miserable cold, brrrrr.

Looks like the temps are going to come up.  I will check about Thursday if Vegas gets to the 60's or 70's we will head up that way.  Only about a 4 hour drive so that will work.

Did some cleaning yesterday, went over the leather driver and passenger seat, recliner, and couch with saddle soap, sure made the leather soft.  I should have done that before.

Then went over the wood in all but the bedroom with that orange glo wood polish.  Have to do my cleaning in here too even on a vacation! 

I can't find Miss Kittys favorite food here and she is not particularly pleased with the substitutes, a regular pest in the mornings.  Finally found one in here she was happy with.  Need to check at Walmart they surely have it at those here.

Otherwise all is going well, think Sue Anne is ready to run around today, yesterday she wanted to stay in so we did. Sometimes she is just tired and wants to sleep most of the day, other times she is a whrilwind of activity.

I forgot all about them are they sitting forlornly out at the campsite?  Ha! Ha!
We went to Blythe today.  Seems quite different just across the mountain range there, lots of irrigated land. I can see all the water in the canals they use, I keep hearing everyone around here
worrying about the lack of rain and snowpack.  They say our fruits and veggies are going to be sky high.  I hear that people are paying $4 a gallon and more for propane too with this cold winter, wow.

But everything out here looks like it really got hurt in the recession or has it been like this for some time. The weather is wondeful, 79 today sunshine, and light breeze, its just my skin feels like the moisture is leaving it, I'm going to need to moisturize more.

We also had to go to Bythe because we ran out of the one catfood our old cat likes, not much variety here unless you want to buy liquor, never saw such a variety! So we had to make a trip for our old gal. 

I thought where we lived in Indiana was hurting but it actually looks prosperous compared to this area.  I think our great country is in a decline, just sad.

But then think about it when all us old folks and I'm including the baby boomers kick off its going to lose millions in population that is sure going to change a lot of things when so many of us are replaced with people in low paying jobs and there are just way less people period.

Tom and I were talking about where we live now.  He said used to be farmers all over down there.  Had farms of 200, 500 or so acreas and made a living now as they have died off maybe 3 or 4 farmers own all of that land with all the old houses being torn down.  They are not young so what is the next step corporate farms?  There will be whole sections of this country depopulated.  Just such a tremendous change in our lifetime.

But enough of that, we are enjoying ourselves, Tom calls daily to see what I had to replace now!  So far a few days with nothing, wow, that's a welcome reprieve.

I'm not sure where we will go after Vegas, may meander slowly back east across 10, reluctant to go very far north.  Stop in some places or wonder down some side roads to places we always passed and said next time we will stop.  If it stays real cold up there, Florida my be on the itinerary yet this year.

I also see in May an Escapees informational type rally in Goshen, Indiana, only 5 days, if all works out we will attend that too.

We have now added 8,000 miles to the old motorhome since we have had it, and will be at least 2 more before we get home.  She will get a workout from us.  Tom says when we are through it will probably only be good for parting out. I hope she has a lot more years of life left in her. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom