Still here, decided to just start new thread

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We just fill the fresh water tank and work off that ... in fact we rarely if ever work off the shore water only, winter or summer. 

Howard and Kelly

No but I did find out yesterday that at Ace Hardware, a 3 foot heat tracing tape cost $25. WHAT
Prices on longer ones whet up from there.

If I do laundry my fresh water doesn't last long.

We bought two of the heater water hoses when we were stationary one winter in Western Washington, temps got down to the teens.  We had two because of the long run.  They worked well, no problems except you have to have electric available at the water source, not from the coach back.  We used them for three months without unhooking and never had an issue with water supply. 

Thanks  Chuck

Any one here have or know of who has the great looking 99 Eagle for sale at PPL?  It says it only has 36000 miles on it.
If so was wondering what the true condition of it is.  It has a front slide which would be nice.

If its still for sale there in January when I go down, may take a look at it.  Told hubby if we got similar we could trade out
all the new stuff on ours to it. My old one is ok, but this one has a slide and is a 350 diesel which should have a bit more power plus
its a 6 speed tranny instead of a 4 speed, so a few upgrades, though we would lose a bathtub, its also 2 foot longer which
I don't like.

Just thinking out loud here.  Looking at the solds there its priced to high, but I'm sure they did because of the mileage or
lack of.

It's good to think out loud...gives others a chance to reply with thoughts too.  RV's are always priced to high...dealers figure some will pay the asking price, some will take a little off what they offer and some will take a lot off what they offer!  It's such a game!  A slide would definitely be nice...gives so much more area room...especially if you're staying in it for longer than a week or two at a time.  And it's always fun to look!  Have a nice Thanksgiving!  :)

Margaret

I know a lot more about them then I used to so I feel more comfortable.  I would still have it inspected if I bought it as I have learned
all of them older or newer needs something done.  I love the old Eagles, of course, would love a newer one, but that's just to much
money for poor old me. Tom says don't forget with one that age it will have issues too as sometimes to little mileage isn't good either.  And we have fixed most everything in ours.

I would be worried about a 40 footer though, that's 2 more foot to maneuver around.  Of course Tom says oh its only 2 more foot!  But he isn't driving it.  I know I get some places that it squeezes me to get my 38footer in. 

I don't know, just fun considering it, hopefully they will sell it and put me out of my misery.

Since Tom isn't home for Christmas we are doing our gifts now. 

He has wanted a new acetylene welding set for some time so I suggested he get it.  I was going to but afraid I would
buy the wrong thing and I would have as he wanted bigger tanks. The old one he has was my dads and its obviously
seen better days. He got some books an taught himself to weld some years ago, he also has and electric welder.  Pretty
handy to be able to do things like that. My dad was a certified welder back in the day, he was a boilermaker. Tom also
wanted metal bolt cabinets so I got him a couple of those.  We are looking at how he will lay things out in the garage.
After retiring he is adding a leanto to the back of the garage for his plow, disk, brushhog, and things, not good to have
them out in the weather.  We already have the spot for it and the base in.  He said forget about getting anyone to wire
it he will just do it himself as he knows what and how he wants it done, he's kind of picky.

Tomorrow we go to get his eyes checked and new glasses ordered.  Then we are getting LED undercabinet lights for my
kitchen.  There are some there with halogen bulbs but they burn out and I don't like them so he is putting new ones in
and also going to add one to the right of my stove.  As you get older lights are so important and I love the LED's.
Also getting a medicine cabinet for our bathroom. There are 2 oval mirror up and they are attractive, but what do
you do with all the products you use in a bathroom?  I have a couple of drawers but they are full, need to sort through.
We also need a shelf in the bottom of one cabinet in there. Those are the things I asked for for Christmas.  If he has
time I would like him to help me put up the little greenhouse we bought last year.  I likely can put it up but I didn't get to it this summer.  Right now it is pouring outside so may not do anything about that this trip.

He did buy some wiring and pulled out electric boxes, etc out of storage in the garage for the rent house.  Obviously we
are not in a hurry to get it done, it will get there in the next year or so.  I may have to stop for a bit, did practically
nothing last week.  I have developed tennis elbow again, had it some years back.  From the srapping and prying I
have my right elbow is bothering me.  I have developed a bubble on the elbow, I may go and get the fluid on it drawn
out.  I read the body will eventually reabsorb it so we shall see.

Tom said they had a couple of issues on the job, as one young fillipino guy had to be evaced to S Africa for bleeding ulcers.
He said I think he suffered for a week with it before he did something.  One of the supervisors a young PE only 34 died.
He was on leave and had been to the doctor but came back still not feeling well.  He got sicker and they had him checked
on the job, they do have some medical care there. But they decided he had pneumonia so took him to the hospital
in Luanda, they were getting ready to evac him out to Portugal.  Tom said he doesn't understand what happened to the
guy, he heard he thought that they were trying to induce a comma or something and he had 2 heart attacks and died.
He said he was a young healthy physically fit guy but like I told him pneumonia can get you fast, that's what killed my
mom. He said if he had been in the US he likely would have not died, that is a real shame to see someone so young
go. Tom said he has a friend there that has no business overseas.  He said the guy isn't well, has high blood pressure
and health issues.  He said he should not be working in these kind of remote places and he thinks the guys wife is
going to insist he quit.  Tom said if I weren't well I would not be there at all. They are running out of old guys like Tom
that worked their way up and know the how to of this stuff from the ground up, the practical knowledge. It takes a lifetime.
I told him if he got to feeling bad, quit and come home, he said no worry I will.  In that matter I'm not concerned, I'm
sure he will. He has his weight down some more, he said he is trying to walk more.  I need to do the same.

Tuesday we see our attorney as we are working on getting guardianship for Sue Anne.  It kills me to do this but the
psychiatrist and our medical doctor are firmly in favor of doing it.  They both prepared the documents required by
the attorney and said its very smart of us.  Sue Anne is doing great right now but you never know.  She is on medication,
topomax, and is just fine but she was the last time also.  If we had to sign for her as it was we could not.  This is the second
step the next will be when he is home in Feb in going before a judge.

So just sharing some of whats going on in our lives.  Tom and I know each day we live now is a blessing and we enjoy each
one.  So far each of us are still able to do the things we love.  Hope we can continue to do so.  We will both be 69 this year,
not old as things go, But when you look at the local paper and see people die very young around us makes you realize
how fragile life is. 

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Carolyn, Tom, and Sue Anne!

ArdraF

Thank you Arda.

Everyone here have a wonderful Thanksgiving, may it be a happy and healthy also.

Ok time to go to bed, I have to cook tomorrow!

Need to put the banana cr?me pie in the fridge I just finished.

Thanksgiving was good, food was good if I say so myself! ;) We seem to have eaten it all!

I put up the Christmas tree this evening, I bought a white one a few years ago, have a big green one
too kind of like the white.  I change colors on it and this year was a lavender decoration year.  I can't get
my pictures to downsize so can't post them.  Need to do a bit of decorating on the outside, I don't do
a whole lot.

Sue Anne and I have had a great time.

I got 2 names off an angel tree at Sam's and we have been present buying like crazy.  The girls each asked for a bike but
other then that, clothes, shoes, some makeup, and bath stuff.  So we found some sales, I got 2 nice coats on sale, over
40% off, and lots of sales on clothes too.  So found some accessories, some nail polish, yes bath stuff, eye liner, lipstick,
and blush.  One wanted boots so I found those and the other shoes, but then you need new socks right?  And ones favorite
color was red, so she got a red watch, tops, and her bike is red and gray. And then a scarf and gloves so they will be warm.  The other wanted anything lime green, so found her a lime green watch, and a green and white bike,  a green head band, and a small neon green purse, and a few other things.

I sure hope they like the stuff, yes, we got a bit carried away. 

So tomorrow morning taking the truck and trailer up to Terre Haute and picking up the bikes.  I couldn't bring them home
in the car so had to put them in layaway the other day till I could pick them up.  And the ministry is only open a few
days a week.

This was fun.  We just didn't need much of anything so I told Tom lets do this, he said that sounded like a good idea.

I hope they vetted these families so their parents aren't the type to sell what they get, well you know what I mean.
I will think positive thoughts and hope they have a Merry Christmas, all kids deserve that.

I hope each of you do too.

Sue Anne has requested lasagna for Christmas dinner, so that with texas toast and a salad.  We will invite MIL and her
sister too if she wants to come.  After that in a couple days we plan to head out.

That sounds good.  I've got to remember to get the Dish TV tech out here.  When I tried to get it turned on the person
at Dish told me my satellite was picking up the signal but the receiver wasn't working so going to try to get someone
out to fix it, last time the guy admitted he knew little about it.  It was working when I was in Vegas and stopped again.

We ended up having steak and baked potatoes for Thanksgiving and it was good.

Sue Anne wants lasagna for Christmas, which is also fine with me.  But I couldn't handle not having any turkey at all, so yesterday bought the smallest turkey I could find 11 pounds, finally got it defrosted this afternoon.  So I baked a turkey, made dressing, and home made noodles.

I'm happy, got my annual turkey "fix".  I figure by the time the next few days are over we will be sick of turkey for another
year.  But I just couldn't do it,  Sue Anne admitted it was real good too. Maybe I can give MIL some too.

I usually make it but we have a wonderful Italian restaurant in town that makes their own dishes and I may see
if I can order a pan from them and freeze part of it.  We shall see.

We also like spinach and vegetable lasagna just as well.  It's amazing to me how good it can be without meat in it.

I do Cornish hens at times also, but this time just HAD to have turkey.  I can't imagine craving something you can't get, it
was that bad. 

Trying to hang loose through Christmas, hard to do. Hope the genny gets going so we can get going.  It's going to be 19 Sunday night or so it sounds, will be really cold getting stuff together, brrrr.  I hope Texas isn't as cold as here.

Trying to remember all the stuff I need to do.  Got the dogs food to take to MIL, so that's together. Stopped
the newspaper, need to stop the mail also.

We have to go to the doc tomorrow and get Sue Anne's pills, the dog washed and nails trimmed.  Wash his bedding.  Doc didn't call my pills in or so the pharmacy said, have to check on that.

When I get the motorhome back hook it up and load fridge, have to see if it gets warm instead of cold!

I want to load up home canned goods to take and some things for the freezer.  Need to sort through coats, shoes, and clothes.

I pitched and sorted papers all afternoon a big wastebasket full.  Sorting tax papers, rental stuff, MIL's to get ready, just been busy.

Back
Top Bottom