Still here, decided to just start new thread

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
DD came home for the weekend, she did pretty good.  But she knows she is coming home for Thanksgiving and
was making me recite the day and hour I was getting her.  She says she hates it there but I think she does
like the people.  I'm sure its hard on her, a whole different life. She kept saying how important it was for me
to get her Wednesday afternoon  I couldn't figure out why.  Finally she admitted that was her night to wash
dishes and she wouldn't have to, how funny.  And yes they also have a dishwasher.

Now MIL is another story, she is unhappy there and making herself more unhappy all the time.  Nice people,
beautiful setting, good food, angry lady.  I hope she does better then she acts when I am there.  We are
surprised that her sister is doing very well at the other assisted living facility and seems quite happy.  We
expected the opposite.  Oh the sisters that were joined at the hip, something happened, we don't know what
and don't think they do either refused to live in the same facility.  That's good actually as they wouldn't have
made it in one together. Now MIL is wanting to move to the other, the son doesn't want her to and we
don't think that would be wise either.  I think she smothered her sister. But then she also thinks her sister
is living in her trailer out at the house.  Dementia is a horrible disease.

As Tom says I did all I could to reduce the stress, I only go over about once a week.  When he gets home she
can be mad at him instead of me, so that will help too.  I know one day if I live long enough I will be in assisted
living too and I hope even with issues I can manage to be grateful and enjoy whatever circumstances I'm in.

I'm just looking forward to Tom being home.  I know he would have liked to work longer, I hope they don't
hire him back for any projects, of course after a year home I might be begging them too.  LOL!

All of you have a great day, I certainly intend to.

Haven't been here in some time.  Things are going pretty well.
Sue Anne is adjusting to the group home, would rather be home of course but is doing ok.  Since she has 60 days to
come home a year we are using them, she was home a week at Christmas, of course did not want to go back.  And
she is home this weekend.

I had a lot of problems with his mom trying to leave the assisted living facility it had no coded exits, she could just
walk out, so they asked us to move her.  It turned out Tom's contract was up and though he was wanting to stay
through next August on a new section, they started demobbing the project.  He decided he might as well retire since
oil prices are going down and work looks slow or nonexistent for the near future.  Yah!!!!
I was thrilled, I needed his help with his mom anyway and like he admitted if he was there till August then he likely
would have been looking to stay longer so me needing him was a good deal.  We got her moved to a facility with
coded exits and she can't remember the codes so can't get out.  Her sister is also there and it has been a month
they seem to be doing ok too.  So 2 big problems taken care of for now at least.  We are pursuing guardianship
for his mom as we will need that too, I'm sure.

My post wasn't complete but I keep losing them so broke it up.

Next issue, I had made reservations in Florida for 6 weeks, he didn't find out in time that he was leaving
and I couldn't cancel and get my money back so have to go.  He didn't want to go anywhere the first year
and I could understand that but I asked if he would, he said no, so I let it go.  He has been working on the
house doing things we have wanted done for years.  He now has the master closet all torn out and we have
stuff everywhere, he is going from 12 ft of hanging space to 28, like wow.

But in the interim, he has been back and forth about going with me, I didn't say much, just let him decide,
new approach.  LOL!

We want to take Sue Anne to Disney near her birthday so we worked out a deal.  He is going down with me
he wants to see how the motorhome does, we are taking the dog and cat.  The days of boarding them for
big bucks are behind us, so off we go with 2 of us and 2 pets in a motorhome with no slides, should prove
interesting but they are both good animals so they will be fine don't know about us.  He is going to stay
a week or so and then fly back.

He will be home a week or two and is going to get Sue Anne and drive her back to Florida so I can take her
to Disney and Universal for her birthday, it will be a surprise, then we will all come home together.  I think
that will work out well.  We can board the dog a week or something if we need to.  Also Tom won't get bored.
He is already looking at tools he can bring so he can fix this or that, so that should make him happy though
right now I don't know of anything that needs fixed, of course that changes daily on an older motorhome.

We are talking about taking her to the Mall of the Americas this summer, Tom said he wouldn't mind to see
that, I don't know if we are talking motorhome or not, doesn't matter.  Maybe he will come around afterall.
Also I think about 1 trip with me gone and him home alone will change things so looks like it may work out
afterall, he honestly doesn't know what he wants to do.  He paid his union dues  for a quarter to see if he
wants to work a bit this summer or not, again I'm not saying much, up to him.  But its all looking good.

Now the weather out is brutal today, 14, wind blowing even the dog doesn't want to go out and potty.  I
said what are we doing here?  We can't say much in front of Sue Anne or she would throw a fit.  She will
be with us 9 days, she has 60 a year so we don't want to use them all up at once.  I think this will work well.

Also our son has feelers out about a transfer to Hawaii, I so hope that works and they can get out of S Korea
that place is nice, but the north makes me nervous and they are only 12 miles away.  Also I can see them
way more often there, here's hoping.  So everything this year is sure looking better then 2015, that was
the worst year of my life, this has to be better.

Happy New Year everyone

Oh and Tom put a new steer safe on the motorhome, he said the old one was in poor condition.
He thinks he has it adjusted, he has made numerous adjustments fine tuning it.

And he is working on the snow plow that is on the old truck I bought, needs to tweek it more.

So good to see you back with us again Carolyn.  You've been missed.  You are one of the reasons I still come back here once in awhile.  The other is to catch up with what our friends are doing, or not doing.  Happy to know no ill fortune came your way, and I'm sure you're ecstatic to have hubby home again, hopefully for good.  Hope you have a wonderful trip down to FL, with just the two of you and the animals.  It may be the clincher for hubby to get on-board to see what a great life it really is. 

Daisy

I'm so happy that old 2015 is over and that the new year is looking so much better for you.  We missed you!  Welcome back and have a wonderful trip to Florida!

Margi

Yes, indeed, we have missed your commentary.  So glad to hear things are looking up.  Here's to 2016!  Tell Tom welcome home!

ArdraF

PatrioticStabilist said:
We are talking about taking her to the Mall of the Americas this summer, Tom said he wouldn't mind to see
that, I don't know if we are talking motorhome or not, doesn't matter. 

If you decide to visit the Mall of America, please let us know because there are some Twin City RVers who would like to meet up with you. 

Happy New Year!

We couldn't visit the mall last summer because of all of Sue Anne's, issues.  We are going to try again I think
and hubby will be with us.  This Florida trip will be a test for her to see how she tolerates it.  I don't know if
she can.  She wants to come home at times, but we just can't, she still has issues that the medications seem
to help control, but sometimes.....  She is on trazadone and respiradol, small doses so far.  Doing better on
those then the others they tried.  But she is different on them, she has lost part of Sue Anne somehow.  She
in the past was so happy, wanted to do things and seems like it has made her kind of flat, hard to explain.  I
sure don't like it at all, but what can you do?

I wonder if her trying to be "normal" actually caused her to have a breakdown or something.  I feel so sorry for
her and I miss her.

I will let you know if we get up that way, would be nice to meet some folks here.

We are trying to get things in the motorhome, I had emptied it out this summer to get the carpet cleaned.  I
was going to clean shades, maybe make new curtains and things but well all of you know how my summer went.
We put a lot of stuff back today, I have clothes, towels, and linens loaded but nothing that will freeze.  It's
been 14 and 18 degrees, finally got up to a raging 24.  The old diesel had to be cranked a few times but hubby
got it started in about 3 tries.  Having it in a building does help.  Getting electric and heat when he wants to work
out there in the winter is a priority.  I warmed the motorhome up with the furnaces inside.  It was so cold everything
was stiff, the steps don't want to go in and out to good, some of the bays are resisting.  Baby its cold out there!!

He got ready to start the genny, nothing, no power to genny, no click no nothing. He had just had it running last
week. He said he could start it by doing whatever he did to the starter but had to be a fuse blown somewhere.
So here he was out there in the cold, last winter for that! trying to start it.  He got behind a fuse panel and when
he opened it the mice had been very busy, the interior of the fuse box in front of the driver was stuffed with debris.
We cleaned it out and thankfully they had kept their chewing to paper and no wires, were we lucky.  He found a blown
30 amp fuse, now the pre heater will work and the engine will crank.  He thought he had another blown fuse, but
he stopped it and cranked it up again, just cold. We are going to take some big bottles of water for the commode
and hand washing till we get out of this deep freeze.  I read the wind chill tonight is to be 15 below zero.

Then I read a possible tropical storm in the Atlantic, need to follow that more closely.

Got both animals a good nail trim today, the vet filed the dogs nails down so he can't rip anything like when they are
sharp, he is big and wouldn't realize.  After being in the car with him, I think I'm putting a heavy towel in the tub
and giving him a bath. I don't want him scratching the bottom of the bathtubs. The last time I had him bathed, I
don't think they rinsed him good, he scratched and scratched.  I washed him and he didn't do that. Picky, picky I
know.  I took Black in and the vet says is that old cat still going?  Yep she was 20 years old in November and still
at it with bladder issues and a heart murmur.  So the animals are all most ready.  I don't think I want to smell dear
old BJ all the way to Florida.

Tom is loading the ladders and his tool box.  He wants to put a new red stripe around the top and check some
clearance lights to see if they need sealed on top and there is one spot we need to put eternabond on about 4 inches
long.  I have to find it again!!  The tape that is.  I need to take a bucket and my cleaning brush so I can wash it
down there.

I called Sherwood Forest everytime I have been there I had a premium site which included a concrete patio which
I liked.  She says no you don't have that this time, it has to be an elite site, say what?  It's only about $50 more
total but they had none available, that kind of ticked me off.  With the dog the concrete helps the motorhome to
stay cleaner inside, oh well, I hope there is really grass, but I do have my rug so that will help.

Anyway we are moving along getting things ready.  Later all.
so I washed him and he was fine.

Carolyn, we're wondering if you and Tom got off okay on your trip.  People are wondering where you are because you haven't been on the RV Forum for a few weeks and you appear to have dropped your account because you're listed as a guest.  Hope all is well with you and yours!!

ArdraF

I registerd in as PatStab, use it other places.  I tried to sign in quite a few times and kept
getting /tt/nnnnnn/ or something like that and wouldn't let me sign in.  I tried off and
on on various occasions so just assumed I was blocked, went ahead and deleted my
account.  I figured you guys were tired of hearing my sorry stories.  LOL!

Glade to see you made it back.  Now please bring us up to date:  your travels, Tom's retirement and Sue Ann and MIL.  ;)

Jennifer

PatStab said:
t.  I figured you guys were tired of hearing my sorry stories.  LOL!

Far from it!  Your posts ring  so true and  I  am sending my thoughts for  great outcomes with every post you write.
You continue to  be an inspiration to  those of  us in your age group with  far fewer challenges!  Wish you well and welcome back! 

Oh for heaven sake, Carolyn.  Never, ever think we would ever get tired of hearing from you.  Please keep posting about your travels with Tom, your frustrations and your successes with your elderly charges (been there, done that!) and your caring and very sensitive decisions with your daughter.  We may all have not had to deal with exactly what you're going through, but all of us have had to deal with somewhat similar issues  and a lot of us feel such empathy with you, root for you, and applaud your every success. 

It's so good to "hear" your voice again!  Looking forward to updates on your latest adventures.  We're definitely not tired of hearing about them.

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom