Tattoos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My vote say close this topic from this forum, not meaning to hinder discussion, but to keep this ?The friendliest place on the web?

I?ve raise 3 boys, and I kind of get this feeling when things might get out of hand.
:)  ;)

Bjwinspect said:
My vote say close this topic from this forum, not meaning to hinder discussion, but to keep this ?The friendliest place on the web?

I?ve raise 3 boys, and I kind of get this feeling when things might get out of hand.
:)  ;)
:)) :)) :)) I agree, it has been out of hand for a while.

Haven't seen anything offensive here; everyone has just offered-up their opinions. If someone looks at tattoos as "trashy" that's simply an opinion, not an offensive comment. As one would expect on this subject,  some like them, some don't. Also, again as one might expect, as "tats" and "ink" seem to have become a new generation thing, younger generations are more open to them than older, no surprises here.

To keep this the "friendliest place on the web" all everyone has to do is be friendly!  :)

Don't care for them, never gotten, my wife has the earth as seen from Saturn,  target marks from radiation,  these are tats of courage.  Kids.  Daughter got one at a8, regretted it.  My favorite comeuppance was daughters friend whose daughter drew on herself with markers.  Was reprimanded, but her retort was ' Mom,  MINE will WASH off!'

Nephew has 'sleeves', but he can afford it, another side of family niece has some huge dragon wizard thing or something on entire back, but whines she can't afford to get hr car fixed.  Granted, the car repair was not happening when the tattoo was, but that 'ink was over many years, and just represents her usual use of money.

Close the topic?  I don't see a reason. 

Well, my eldest son a member of Naval special forces on his fifth combat deployment right now, and he has never expressed a desire to advertise anything on his body. I cannot express how much I admire him for that attitude.

Oldgator73 said:
jayc2640 posted:
?This belief system has done me well, and applies to everything except Ohio State Buckeyes Football.  All must acknowledge The Mighty Bucks!  ;D ;D?

GO GATORS!

Nah, another OSU grad here but never set foot on the campus.  USAF set up a nice grad school and hired OSU to run  it at Ellsworth AFB for us missile jockeys.

Bill

jayc2640 said:
This belief system has done me well, and applies to everything except Ohio State Buckeyes Football.  All must acknowledge The Mighty Bucks!  ;D ;D

Ahh well despite my being an OSU grad as stated earlier, I am a believer in Roll Tide...........lol

Well I have 2, put on myself when I was 15 years old. Since I'm right handed they are on my left arm, A heart with a ribbon around it, no name, forearm,  and the word LOVE on the upper arm. My mom told me to get in the bathroom and get that crap off my arm. She had a fit when I told her they weren't ever coming off. I used a pencil with a pin thru the eraser with some thread wrapped around it. Dipped it into a bottle of indian ink and began. Neither one has changed much over the years,hasn't faded much either. Must have been some pretty good ink.

judway said:
I have a few which I had to get in order to line up the radiation machine to treat my prostate cancer.
X2
When I got mine I had a cute tech. When she was finished I told her "twenty years in the military and not one tattoo. One date with her and I had three".

I don't care what people do to their body unless the visible tattoo is an offensive word or symbol, then I just consider the source. My daughter got some when she was in college and now regrets the placement because they're hard to hide in professional dress at work. I don't think anything screams "unemployable" like a big multi-colored face tattoo.
There's a rock star (I can't remember who) who said "the best advice my father ever gave me was 'don't get a tattoo where the judge can see it.'"

I love well placed professional looking ink. I got mine about 20 years ago. During a camping weekend, some of the kids were playing with temporary tattoos. One of the kids put one around my ankle. I thought it looked cool, so went and got a real one. I love it even now. I have wanted to get more, but never had the time when I thought about it.

Will I still get one? Maybe. I have a niece who is a tattoo artist. She does beautiful work, and Id like to have her do one for me. I want a fairy sitting on a mushroom blowing bubbles done in the middle of my back between my shoulder blades.

Ive often thought I would like to have a bunch of racy ones all over, just to give the nurses something to look at when they are changing my diapers and bathing me in the nursing home when I get old.  ;D

Wow!  You guys sound like my parents.  I thought by the time I got to be in my late 60's that all that kind of attitude would have died off.

Not sure I'd fit in at an IRL.  Just want to tell you a bit about myself, so you don't get the wrong first impression.

I've got multiple tats(some 40 years old, one about 7 years old)and a couple of earrings.  Used to wear a pony tail but now I shave my head(still have a beard, though).  My wife also has quite a bit of ink and a couple of small studs in her nose.  Oh, and yeah, we used to ride Harleys.
My wife helped me raise 5 boys.  When the youngest started school she went back to work full time.  2 of our boys are Vets, 1 is a Pastor, all 5 are gainfully employed, married and with homes, lives, and tattoos of their own. 
I worked 40+ hours a week for 40 years, owned my own home and land, had zero debt when I retired.  I never went to jail or had any problems with the law(beyond a couple of tickets for like 10 over).  I also spent quite a few years as a Boy Scout leader for the troop my boys came up in.

I'm a real low-life.

Ink doesn't make you a low life. No morals, respect, decency, and willing to make your own way does. At least in my book. Looks are secondary and can hide a truly wonderful person. 

Like I said, both of my adult sons have ink. One has been a LEO for 12 years, and the other is a business professional.  Not a low life in the bunch.

cadee2c said:
Ive often thought I would like to have a bunch of racy ones all over, just to give the nurses something to look at when they are changing my diapers and bathing me in the nursing home when I get old.  ;D
Utclmjmpr said:
Cadee,,When your in the nursing home they won't look the same.>>>D

On the other hand...they might go from racy to outright naughty ;D

I believe it's mostly a generational issue. My generation doesn't look kindly on the younger generations inking up. My self included for many years, but I've come around. My two sons have ink in discreet places and I thought of getting a small tattoo, until I went for a dermatology exam about a year ago. I had recently shaved my beard and she saw a small "freckle" on my chin. Turned out to be melanoma. She missed it the year before because of the beard. Her unsolicited advice to me was if you ever think of getting a tattoo don't, it would be difficult to examine that area. Nuff said!

I don't have a tattoo, but Tara does; it is discrete and cute. Actually it's a sitting teddy bear wearing a black panama hat (my trademark in business used to be a black panama hat and a full beard) that I designed as our logo. She thought it was cute and had it done when we were in Australia some years ago.

I encouraged her at the time and can't imagine anyone, whose opinion I respect, looking down on her for having it!

Ernie

Back
Top Bottom