Teflon pads on slide rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you very much.
I will hopefully email them next week to see if they cangive a budget for this.
If/when I get any info, I will post.

Bob

I will also reccommend Stuarts. Contact info included.  Had a jack issue that HWH techs could not find or correct at FMCA Perry 2 years ago. Chuck found the problem and I was on my way in 3 hours.
Check your resorvior for the AP number so he will know the system you have on the coach

Stuarts Service CHUCK
RV Leveling Systems
2990 County Rd, 6 West
Elkhart,Indiana  46514   
800-826-6267 574-262-0225

I was at Stuarts Service in Elkhart today and Chuck looked after replacing the bearings.
Just wanted to let all know that we were very pleased with the work done.
Everything was as discussed, got there at 7:55 and coach in by 8:00.
All done and back on the road by 11.
Thank you to depchief, emiddleb and Morgas for your recommendations.
You guys rock!

Bob

Just had HWH replace the guides on my 2006 Itasca. Price was reasonable. Had a couple other minor items fixed while I was there. In and out under 4 hours. Ashley makes appointments and is very easy to deal with. FYI HWH will inspect your system annually for free. I had appointment on a Monday, so I stayed at a local CG. Usually  stay for free on HWH lot if scheduled during the week.

Thanks for the reminder John.
Have just posted in service and repair board.
Bob

BigJohn said:
Just had HWH replace the guides on my 2006 Itasca. Price was reasonable. Had a couple other minor items fixed while I was there. In and out under 4 hours. Ashley makes appointments and is very easy to deal with. FYI HWH will inspect your system annually for free. I had appointment on a Monday, so I stayed at a local CG. Usually  stay for free on HWH lot if scheduled during the week.

John - I'm planning on making an appointment with HWH for next June on a Friday. Does that mean I'll be able to drive up on Thursday and park in their lot overnight? I had already assumed I would have to find a campground.

They quoted me roughly $335 to do one slide - both rams - and it would take about three hours. I'm going to have them check my entire hydraulics system because I have several solenoids that are beginning to corrode and probably need replacing. I figured it would be cheaper for them to do it than my local mechanic since he charges 60% more on labor rate and marks up all parts he receives 100%.

If you have service during the week you can park on HWH lot. About 10 sites with 50 Amp hu. Saves a few bucks. Even in busiest times had no problem getting a site. They close the lot late Friday and open Monday AM.

Yes, John, I was addressing BigJohn but I thank you for the information anyway. If they have shore power, that makes it that much better since I assumed we would be dry camping.

Back
Top Bottom