The fastest you've ever been in a car?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's hot here also. Hottest July on record so far. At my house, it's been between 101 and 105 for the last two weeks. We got 1/4 inch of rain one of those days, but all that did was piss off the grass. Yeah...it's just plain hot.
I just got back from taking my 2017 Zero SR electric motorcycle to Rollings Lake. I jumped in. Felt so nice to jump in the lake on such a hot day.

And got a free charge here on the way back. I now have a lot more juice than I left here with. I charged at at the full capacity of the charge station. Just under 8,000 watts.

I noticed on the way back the gas price is a bit less. It could soon get under six bucks a gallon here, which will be a big improvement for this part of CA. But it has been many months since I bought any gas here in CA. But that too was for a motorcycle. An ICE motorcycle. I rarely ride those in the summer.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Considering that I was driving a '69 Olds with a built 455 Rocket I was going way to fast for the brakes to stop in even an unr3easonable distance. Only once and sold it. The speedometer only went to 120 but we were beyond that mark.

Back in 1985, I bought a Saab 924 and had it delivered to London. I picked it up at Picidilly Saab in West Acton, and my wife and I took it all over Western Europe for a month.
We arrived in Munich several days before Oktoberfest and had the first service on the car. After much beer over many days we set sail for Wurtzburg. As we entered the highway, it was clear it was very recently either resurfaced or just new.
I turned to my bride and said “wanna see how fast it goes?”. Surprisingly she said “sure” and off we went. Up to 5th and watching the speedometer bury itself, we kept going till the limiter was reached at red line. Fun. A bit of arithmetic later calculated max speed at 139.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxL
Back
Top Bottom