TireMinder Tire Pressure Monitoring System

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eliallen

Seen this at camping world, does it work and is it worth the money?

I looked at the Tire Minder system when comparing them and to answer your question Yes it Works, Did I buy it No, I found another system that worked better for me and purchased it from the Manuf.  It is Called TST  From a company in Georgia called Truck Systems Technologies (thus the TST name)  It not only displays the pressure but also the Temperature.  It was cheaper and they didn't charge shipping.  They also have the model that you can change the batteries on the sensors yourself.  I got mine before they had this one.  You can turn the screen toward the DW along with the GPS and she can keep you updated.  Mine has worked without fault for over a year.

It probably works - the wireless monitor technology is becoming common now. However, most of us here used the tried and true Pressure Pro system or the newer TST system.

Looks good, what about the wireless parking system from TST?

TireMinder, Tire Traker, and Hawkshead all sell the same system except for the labeling. One drawback I found when deciding on which TPMS to buy, was that their sensors go into a standby mode after the RV has been stopped for period of time to conserve the battery. The downside of that is that the display does not show accurate readings until you're underway again for a few minutes. The TST display goes into standby when it's running on its internal battery, but the sensors continue to transmit on their normal 5 minute schedule unless there's a significant change that triggers an immediate alert transmission. The display wakes up instantly when that happens, or with just a touch, making it quite easy to have up to date readings to alert you to any problems before you head down the road.

Mr. Sundance 3200. What is DW? I also have this unit and have replaced eight sensors so far. I have bought a package of "O" rings and when one goes out I can install a new one. I'm going to call them and inquire about the replaceable batteries. Thanks for the heads up.

Darn!

The list of stuff I'd like to get for the MH is growing.  :-\

I looked at the TST system and it looks like the sensors screw onto something..maybe the lug bolts? 
Does one need to put a sensor on the inside tire or will the outside sensor let you know if the inside tire is losing air by showing an increased pressure?

KarenS144 said:
Darn!

The list of stuff I'd like to get for the MH is growing.  :-\

I looked at the TST system and it looks like the sensors screw onto something..maybe the lug bolts? 
Does one need to put a sensor on the inside tire or will the outside sensor let you know if the inside tire is losing air by showing an increased pressure?

From their web site. Each wireless sensor weighs 23 grams and screws onto the existing valve stem of each tire monitored while the receiver remains within your view in your vehicle

edavis2293 said:
Mr. Sundance 3200. What is DW? I also have this unit and have replaced eight sensors so far. I have bought a package of "O" rings and when one goes out I can install a new one. I'm going to call them and inquire about the replaceable batteries. Thanks for the heads up.

As with all wireless systems, when the sensor batteries do finally die, you can simply return them to us.  For $19.95, we will replace all sensor gaskets, we will replace the shell, we will replace the battery, and we will tender to you a reworked sensor ready for 5+ more years of service.

How old is your unit? The product has a 3 year warranty.

DW is short for Darling Wife, They recomend metal valve stems on them and when I had new tires put on the fiver I had them replace the stems with metal ones for about &1.60 each.  I also would get a package of the o-rings and carry them with me.  I accidentally took one off and had to find in my driveway.  I was lucky.  Good luck in your choice.

I placed my order 2 days ago. I also ordered the parking sensors.  I though that DW was Damm Wife. At times, I guess it could go either way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big Mark
Back
Top Bottom