Toilet wont flush, Help !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Travelman23

Just got to the Blue Water Key Resort in Key West. Hooked up the water line to tank flush rather then city water inlet. The black water tank valve was closed and water backed up in the bathroom. Now toilet valve won,t open to flush toilet. Called Tiffin and they instructed me to pull 20 amp fuse for toilet for 10 minutes and allow toilet to reset. This did not help. Please, need some direction. Hell of a way to start a vacation...lol
BTW it is a Thetford toilet.

Gary,
I looked high and low but no model number is visable. The unit is new on a 2010 Allegro QSA 36, if that helps. I believe it is vacuum assisted.
Stan

When you say "Toilet Valve" are you referring to the water valve or the Bowl Seal.

1.  Does the Foot Lever depress normally, i.e. pressure to depress and length of throw of the pedal when depressing?

2.  Does water flow when you depress the pedal?

3.  Does the Bowl Seal open when you depress the pedal?

Thinking you may have a wad of TP in the exhaust due to the Black tank backing up.  Give us a better description.

We have a Thetford Bravura toilet on our motorhome.  It's just a regular RV toilet, not an electric flush model.  If you hooked the city water to the black tank flush input, you need to turn the water off at the spigot and disconnect the hose immediately.  When that is done, you need to dump your black tank.  After you have dumped the black tank, then check to see if the toilet works properly.  I also don't know why they want you to remove a fuse, unless it's because of the overflowing water causing a possible electrical short.

my pedal wouldn't budge one time too after I had cleaned out the tank and did the
flush thingy. I had put some chemicals in the bowl, the granular kind and one or two
little granuals didn't dissolve right away and jammed up the valve. I scrubbed it with
the toilet brush real good and tried it again, then it worked. I quit using chemicals
after that cause that was a scary moment.

The toilet valve is actually, the bowl seal. When I depressed the pedal initially it would not open but the water would flow  into the bowl. The pedal depresses normally. After many attempts the bowl seal partially opened and I manually opened it all the way. Now it won't close. The black water tank was completely empty at the time of the misshap. Thanks.

I would remove the outer plastic toilet bowl cover and check the linkage from the Foot Pedal to the Toilet Bowl Seal.  It is mechanical and could have come loose when you finally got the pedal to depress after it wouldn't budge.

Thanks to all. I found a local repairman to fix the toilet. The "scissor valve" was defective. He said he had never seen one fail before.

Back
Top Bottom