Total rebuild

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi Bigblue,

I used .024 aluminum coil for my out side, attached with 3/16 stainless rivets.  The wholesaler could only get the aluminum in 3 ft. widths so I have 2 rows of rivets.  A little more work but a lot less expensive.

Thanks for the interest and have fun with your project.

Happy camping, Tom

Hi Willie,

The trailer was going to salvage so I think we could have done better on the price, but dealing with RV and car salesmen is not one of our strong points. But we knew what we were getting, all the appliances worked and I wanted the euro type frame with the torsion suspension. I'm afraid to add up all the bills but I think a fair guess would be around 15.000 including the trailer. It probably could be done for a little less, but I have a tendency to over do things. We reused lights, sinks, water pump etc. Yes, we could have bought a new one and the day we drove it off the lot it would be worth less than what I have in ours. Plus, well you know how their built. And most likely in 3 to 5 years some water damage will show up that might be repairable and I take another hit on the value. Nah, been down that road to many times.

Thanks for the interest and happy camping.
Tom

Hello All,

Just returned from 3000 mile + shake down trip with the rebuilt trailer. Every thing worked great. I am going to change the thermostat location so I don't have to get out of bed to turn on the furnace. I had it weighted before I left. 2750 lbs. unloaded. That's 310 lbs. less than when I bought it. I'm happy with that.

Happy Camping Tom

Attachments

• Gecko 056.jpg
    Gecko 056.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 56
Wow,

I would like to  see some finished interior shots.  I can't even  imagine the process you completed!

Back
Top Bottom