towing 2 behind

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travler

We have been looking for someway to carry 2 motorcycles with us and seems that without having to pay out the nose for a tote trailer and getting a dolly we have found a trailer that is perfect for the bikes.  Now this would require us to tow our toad behind the motorhome then put the trailer on the toad.  Has anyone towed 2 behind?  Would like to know what issues you might have had doing this.  Appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks

I don't think you can do that.  Therre are states where double towing is allowed, but a 4 down, towed, pulling a trailer?  For one thing, the tow system may not be rated for that extra weight.

There is a tow dolly that will carry 2 bikes and a car.  Runs a little over 4k.

PancakeBill
We called a couple of states and found that it is not legal to do that.  We have seen it over the years across the US but have never looked into it.  Yes we found the tandem trailer tow dolly, just found one on the net.  They are in NC and we areon the or about to be on the west coast, go figure.  It is about 800 to ship but that might be the only way to go.  Thanks for your thoughts.
I guess you like pancakes!

I like pancakes, but it has to have real butter and real maple syrup. 

I like hosting Bills Pancake jam at the bouegrass fests.  Sat AM a bunch show up to play and eat, or if you will , sing for their breakfast. 

Lots of fun.

Also been known to flip a few at the Forum rallies we have attended.

We are in the same situation and just bought a tandem tow dolly, but it was 6000.00 plus. My husband will try it out this weekend. It will tow two bikes and a car, two down. This weekend, he will only tow two bikes. I'll let you know how we liked it.

Thanks, Would love to know how it works for you.  We have also been looking into getting a chevy 1500 and put one in the bed and then get a hauler for the back of the truck, but that means that we will have to give up the 35 mpg toad for a truck that gets about 15.  Not really happy with that.
Hope the trailer works well for you and also were you able to find the trailer close to you or did you have to have it shipped?

Bill's Peach Pancakes. 

Some live acoustic bluegrass in the background, some nice harmoy going on, hot coffee and bacon on the side.  Don't get no better.

Back
Top Bottom