transporting a firearm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Houston Remodeler said:
Our governor said he'd sign a bill where Texans were not required to get permits to carry, concealed or open.

Guess we don't need to write no steenken emails down here.

Maybe.... but will you be able to travel outside of that state without such a permit while carrying???

Paul & Ann said:
I agree, and as the Amendment is written, we should be able to own any "arms" we wish, up to, and including nuclear arms.

Paul

When the constitution was written, the government had muskets and cannons; the people also were allowed to have muskets and cannons.  Now the Government has Automatic weapons, tanks, ballistic missiles with various warheads including nuclear, and we're allowed to have pistols and rifles.  Looks like there's a problem with this picture.

I want a tank!  I've got miles of roads on my farm, and could make many more.  I bet it's a blast to fire!  ;D

I think tanks would make towing the trailer a bit rough and shake it to death.

Now one of them 6 wheel drive trucks would be cool. Gun turret or not.

Houston Remodeler said:
I think tanks would make towing the trailer a bit rough and shake it to death.

Now one of them 6 wheel drive trucks would be cool. Gun turret or not.

did you mean like this one??? Looking for a 50cal ring mount for her

Attachments

• deuce and me (Medium).jpg
    deuce and me (Medium).jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 43
This is what was needed to allow Concealed Carry nationally.....

H.R. 578 (113th): Respecting States? Rights and Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2013

Introduced:Feb 6, 2013 (113th Congress, 2013?2015)
Status:Died (Referred to Committee) in a previous session of Congress

Unfortunately the bill never saw the light of day, and died in committee.  It was a long shot to think such legislation could be passed in the House, a companion bill, passed in the Senate, and finally signed by an anti-gun President, to be enacted into law.

PancakeBill said:
Well national CCW would be nice, but what I would like to see is a federal fishing license.
that would go along nicely with my a national CDL drivers license,.... so, why not just take it a step further...

I see in the future a neck implanted microchip (like your dog's ) tied to a national monetary account that just debets your national citizen account for every national license and fee required... as well as national taxes and national medical coverage,

that way "they" can just track you by national satellite you as you go into a national park to do some fishing..... and they just debit your national account.

Don't mean to really scare people, but Tony Dorch  may not be far off.  If you read the book of Revelations in the Bible it describes the future just about like Tony  posted, and yes, this post has taken many different trails.

I apologize  people........I'm not trying to scare anyone or piss anyone off.

but I do enjoy spirited internet banter.

Not trying to hijack and already hijacked thread but:

I'll be flying to Las Vegas with two guns and about 1000 rounds of ammo in a couple of months.  I've never flown with a gun before but my understanding is that I can check them in my baggage as long as I inform the agent that the luggage contains guns and make sure they can unlock the various boxes to inspect them.

Has anybody done this?  How much of a hassle was it?  My other option is to drive 700miles each way.

No problem with the airlines as long as you're not stopping in certain states like NY or CA that might prohibit your specific weapon.  Contact your airline a few weeks ahead of time and get their specific rules for transport.  Typically it needs to be in locked approved container which may or may not be able to be inside your checked baggage.  In the old days I used to travel with shotguns all the time by air.  I walked into McCarren (Las Vegas) one time and stepped up to the security desk to have my guns cleared and tagged before I checked in.  The moron at the desk actually pulled one of my Citori's out of the case, set the recoil pad on his desk with the barrels pointed up and pulled the trigger without even opening the gun, I damn near dove for the floor!!  I didn't say a word 'cause I didn't want to commit contempt of somebody who thought they were more powerful than I.  Rather I just picked up my cases and headed for check in, thankful that I hadn't left a trap round in one of the holes on that shotgun.  I can still visualize the shower of falling glass from the ceiling if that thing had of gone off.

The ammo on the other hand is problematic.  It's considered Haz-Mat and can not generally be transported on public transportation.  You might get away with it on a bus but I wouldn't walk into the airport with 1k rounds of ANYTHING.  I would suggest having a local gun store ship the ammo for you.  They have a Haz-Mat certification that allows them to do the shipping which you personally can not.  The price isn't too bad especially when you're talking the amount you're taking, shipping typically run $25-$30 regardless of weight within reason.  Find a local mailbox store or gun shop at your destination, even the hotel you're staying at could accept the package.

I had to laugh.  It's funny how many 'professionals' either don't know how to handle a gun properly or they just don't care anymore. 

I'm coming from California.  8)

I just talked to Southwest Airlines and they said essentially that with the exception of ammo.  It only has to be in a locked container designed for such, but you're only allowed 11 pounds.  Not likely to be enough.

Might be easier to buy my 'gun candy' in Vegas.

I got in just under the wire on the 'Prohibited' gun thing.  I picked up a Glock Gen-4 G35 with only a few days to spare before it was taken off the SSE list in the People's Republik of Kalifornia.

Not sure about that many rounds, but smaller amounts see this from TSA.

Travelers should remain in the area designated by the aircraft operator or TSA representative to take the key back after the container is cleared for transportation.
Travelers must securely pack any ammunition in fiber (such as cardboard), wood or metal boxes or other packaging specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition.
Firearm magazines and ammunition clips, whether loaded or empty, must be securely boxed or included within a hard-sided case containing an unloaded firearm.
Small arms ammunition, including ammunition not exceeding .75 caliber for a rifle or pistol and shotgun shells of any gauge, may be carried in the same hard-sided case as the firearm, as long as it follows the packing guidelines described above.
TSA prohibits black powder or percussion caps used with black-powder.
Rifle scopes are not prohibited in carry-on bags and do not need to be in the hard-sided, locked checked bag.

The locked case must be a TSA style lock so it can be opened.  Available everywhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anewvisionllc
Back
Top Bottom