TRAVEL TRAILERS W/ LIFETIME ROOF WARRANTY ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

XSWEETJANE

IM CURRENTLY SHOPPING FOR A LONG TERM USE TRAILER AND IM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING SEARCH RESULTS FOR TRAVEL TRAILERS THAT COME WITH A LIFETIME ROOF WARRANTY. I HEARD THEY EXIST, ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE :)

IM CURRENTLY SHOPPING FOR A LONG TERM USE TRAILER AND IM HAVING A HARD TIME FINDING SEARCH RESULTS FOR TRAVEL TRAILERS THAT COME WITH A LIFETIME ROOF WARRANTY. I HEARD THEY EXIST, ANYONE CAN HELP ME PLEASE :)
Welcome!

But that probably means the company will be out of business within around six months or so.

-Don- Reno, NV

Who's definition of "lifetime"? Then in the fine print, what it takes and who does it to keep that warranty in force.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM

I believe there may be a roof coating called RV Armor that gives a lifetime guarantee. No idea if it's good or not though. You probably need to get it applied after you buy your trailer and I think its expensive.

Welcome to the forum.

I believe there may be a roof coating called RV Armor that gives a lifetime guarantee. No idea if it's good or not though. You probably need to get it applied after you buy your trailer and I think its expensive.

Welcome to the forum.
Yes, RV Armor does guarantee their RV roof coating for life.
Having researched this, I decided that it was a worthwhile investment and had it applied to my RV.
Yes, it is expensive, about $5k for a 34 ft roof.
For the OP, the RV Armor roof warranty is transferrable to a new owner, so if you're lucky enough to find a rig with this coating, the warranty will remain vaild.

I'm not aware of any new RV with an OEM lifetime warranty on the roof or anything else. You probably heard of the RV Armor roof replacement product that others mentioned.

As a practical matter, an RV roof typically lasts 15-20 years, about the same as the roof on a site-built home. Even the low-end EPDM rubber roofs last that long unless accidentally damaged by some external action (and that damage wouldn't be warrantied anyway).

Can you read the replies, none of which are all caps? They all have punctuation also. It is just a courtesy to the participants of these forums.
RELAX MR KIRK NO ONE IS YELLING AT ANYONE AND I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING INAPPROPRIATE. ALL I DID WAS ASK A FRIENDLY QUESTION FOR INFORMATION AND I HAVE NOT BEEN DISCOURTEOUS TO ANYONE, YOU HOWEVER HAVE. IF YOU ARE HIGHLY STRUNG BY THE WAY I TYPE ITS TOO BAD FOR YOU , YOU HAVE THE POWER TO IGNORE MY POST, PLEASE DONT TELL ME HOW TO TYPE.

RELAX MR KIRK NO ONE IS YELLING AT ANYONE AND I HAVEN'T SAID ANYTHING INAPPROPRIATE. ALL I DID WAS ASK A FRIENDLY QUESTION FOR INFORMATION AND I HAVE NOT BEEN DISCOURTEOUS TO ANYONE, YOU HOWEVER HAVE. IF YOU ARE HIGHLY STRUNG BY THE WAY I TYPE ITS TOO BAD FOR YOU , YOU HAVE THE POWER TO IGNORE MY POST, PLEASE DONT TELL ME HOW TO TYPE.
Kirk may be the initial voice, but do keep in mind that ALL CAPS on the internet is considered yelling, not just by Kirk. It comes across as harsh, as yelling and is more difficult to read than mixed cases. Note, too, that it seems your not so great vision doesn't stop you from reading what those using mixed cases write.

Obviously you've chosen to type in a way that many don't care for, so while that is your prerogative, many may choose to ignore it.

Hasta luego...

Kirk may be the initial voice, but do keep in mind that ALL CAPS on the internet is considered yelling, not just by Kirk. It comes across as harsh, as yelling and is more difficult to read than mixed cases. Note, too, that it seems your not so great vision doesn't stop you from reading what those using mixed cases write.

Obviously you've chosen to type in a way that many don't care for, so while that is your prerogative, many may choose to ignore it.

Hasta luego...
AND YOU ARE OK WITH HARASSING SOMEONE WHO TYPES WORDS ALL DAY LONG LARGE ENOUGH TO READ WITHOUT EYE STRAIN. THERE ARE SO MANY OTHER THINGS IN LIFE TO BE UPTIGHT ABOUT, AND THANKFULLY THERE ARE ENOUGH HELPFUL PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT DON'T HAVE THIS HANGUP. HAVE A BETTER DAY.

Most computers allow for the font to be enlarged. Microsoft and other tech companies have gone to great lengths to make computers usable by people with all kinds of disabilities.

Rather than getting all "wrapped around the driveshaft" so to speak, just understand that it does make reading of the post more difficult, and to expect people to comment on it. If you understand that, it will help to lower your blood pressure a few points.

I don't believe that anyone is purposely harassing anyone on here. I have seen this very thing brought up on various boards and forums on the internet for many years now. Its not new.

All caps used to be used (and may still be) on Western Union Telegrams (yes, they do still send several million a year). My Father had an office typewriter that actually belonged to our family, an Underwood 5 manual, which he took it to work for everyone to use, as the airline was too cheap to buy him one. This was in the 1960's I think.

On one or two occasions dad sent memos to his boss asking for a typewriter for the local station to use. He boss replied, using HIS office typewriter, which was designed to type a message as the operator heard it on the radio, in all CAPS. It had no lower case, and this boss's typewriter was missing the E. I have personally seen one of these messages the boss sent back to my dad. Dad's last day at work, he asked me to stop by and pick up a box of stuff out of his desk, AND THAT OLD UNDERWOOD. For some reason, the company saw fit to supply the station with a new typewriter within weeks after dad retired in 1984.

Charles

A 1934 telegram

telegram-western-union-band.jpg

Last edited:
Many years ago one of the participants on several Compuserve forums was a very well read and articulate individual who worked as a proofreader for the Library of Congress. She was also deaf and blind, something she didn't reveal until someone complained about her typing in all caps.

She explained using all caps was easier because when she was online she had one hand operating her keyboard and the other on a Braille reader rather than shifting both hands from one to the other and possibly missing something while she was typing. Shifting from upper case to lower case and vice-versa was a multistep process that slowed things down. Plus she had to remember which mode the keyboard was in as there was no immediate feedback.

Hasta luego...
She didn't come here for a lecture on internet customs which are petty IMO.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom