Trying to make good use of my time

• Thread starter PatrioticStabilist
  • Start date
The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The difference is that if you use regular bleach it is to hard on the wood and eats into the grain of the wood.  The wood bleach does a great job.  I am familiar with this because I completely striped my kitchen cabinets in a stick house and tried regular bleach because I didn't know about wood bleach.  The cabinet door that I had used regular bleach on was still visible when the door was totally finished.  The rest of the doors were fine.

I will try it Lorna, thank you for the information.

I haven't seen it before, in this rv park I saw a sign on the desk out front about not responsible for electrical issues and advised you to have a surge suppressor.  Today I saw them putting up a large red sign on the park entrance.  I saw surge on it, so I assume the same thing.  They must be having a lot of people with electrical issues here.  After reading on here I bought one of the good ones and Tom wired it into our system.  It does a check before it lets the coach take electric and will shut down if we get to high or low and its never shut us down yet at any park.  I can see it checking and monitoring all the time, seems to me that would be a good thing to have on any unit.  Intially it was just plugged in between the motorhome and the receptacle but we figured someone might steal it, wasn't cheap so wired it in and hid it out of sight.  Do lots of you have these on  your coach?  I'm thinking perhaps its something that comes with the new ones, but something here must be prompting this issue.  Just wondering. Have you seen that before?

We've had a power protector for years and wouldn't have an RV without one.  Power problems aren't common but do happen often enough to make the protection worth the cost.

I saw the new red sign today and that's what it was for, warning people they are not responsible for power outages, surges, lightening, and I think some other things.  Must have had people really complain to do that.  We haven't had a power flinch since being here.

I could see it being a problem, how would you know if it is a problem with the coach electrical or the park.  Thank goodness we have that covered.

We had the best day ever.  We went on an hour long airboat ride, only 2 other people on it and it was amazing.  The wildlife, we got pictures of all kinds of birds and alligators.  I got some huge fresh water shells too.  Didn know they had any that big in fresh water. 

It was a good day.

I think our $400 surge protector did its job this morning.  I thought that was an awful lot to spend but about 6AM the AC's turned off, everything did.  I'm thinking there went something out.  I know the  power manager we have on here cannot be replaced.  I think there is a place in Florida that can rebuild them, but didn't want to chance it is why we bought the the thing.  In about 10 minutes everything turned back on and was running again, so we either registered a high or most likely low spike. There must be a problem out here as I said they have now even put a warning sign at the entrance.  But I bet we saved ourself an expensive repair, even if we didn't something was triggered to turn it off.  Good deal.

I got my valve on my lp tank, it didn't take long and the owner and mechanic were just super nice people.  The owner said if I have any problem anywhere to call him and he would tell me if I was getting ripped off or had a problem.

It's called Central Florida RV and the address is 2613 N Orange Blossom Tr (441), Kissimmee, Fl 34744.  The phone is 407-845-4916.
He said they do lots of roofs.  He also told me that rhino bedliner systems is going to come out with a new type roof coating.  Said its a system they have and that it is supposed to be guaranteed for the life of the trailer, motorhome, etc.
I have no idea the cost, but sounds like the trailer industry is going to start using it.

They also gave me the name of a glass place on Donegan I'm going to check out for the window.  I got a quote from Fleetwood and they can have it made.  But its a custom deal and $380, HOLY TOMATOES for a 40 inch by 8 or something like that.  I want to check the other place out as to how to get in it as the mechanic said parking was I guess an issue.  So I will drive by and call, they said generally a couple of days and they install too.  Surely can't be anymore expensive then that. Ouch and double ouch.

There is some rust on my lp tank and I want to paint it.  I think I got the correct name of the stuff. ospho.  They said its a green gunk you spray or paint it on the tank, leave it on overnight then paint it.  I guess its a rust inhibitor, they said it does not need to be cleaned off.  I am going to try it.  My tank isn't rusted rusty just have some on it and would look much better painted.  He said I had a 30 gallon tank.  So now I should be able to get it filled anywhere.  That's just wonderful. Also got the valve extensions on my inside dualies.s

I also need to get my Smart minder checked out, not sure its keeping the batteries topped, he said there has been a recall on them, so I need to check that out.

How funny was talking to one of my neighbors.  When I came back in today, someone had taken my spot and I had to call the office, they said they were not supposed to be there, they gave me another.  But I asked if people come in and try not to pay, he said yes.  Can you imagine, he said they check 2 or 3 times a day and at 9:30 this morning it wasn't there.  No one was there and still noone is, but I'm just guessing they got their numbers mixedup.  Bad thing is this site is some smaller.

Anyway, he said yes, he had heard there was a lady out here traveling alone, I told him with my daughter.  But that is so funny, almost a 1000 sites out here and that rumor, must not be many of us.

Someone said for me to turn my wheels all the way to the left then all the way to the right before trying to get the pins out of the hookup for my toad.  I tried the other day and one came out easy, but did it this afternoon and both of the pins came right out without having to get the hammer out.  What a neat idea.  Thanks, can't remember who said to do that.

Going to Statewide Glass this morning to see where it is, not all that far away on 441.  Want to see if there is plenty of room for my motorhome to get in and out.  I'm hoping I can just drive down in the morning, get measurements and the glass cut in a couple days, then go down one day to get it installed.

Tornado warnings out today but we are off to Disney to Hollywood Studios anyway, unless it really gets horrible. 

Later all

Thank you Marie, that sure makes it easier. Sue Anne got so excited she pulled one out and said look mom now I can help.  I can use her help.  She is trying to use the washer and dryer too.  She just figures out one then seems like I change it!  I have messed up on this one a couple times.  if you don't put the washer knob on 5 and turn it on even with the dryer knob on it will start filling with water, its because in that configuration it goes into the dry cycle after the laundry is done.  So then I have to go to spin then dry, but I'm doing better and haven't forgotten again.  I still LOVE that thing, best purchase I made.

We kept waiting for the rain to go by and its still sprinkling off and on, I don't know if we will make it today, durn.    But I have an errand to run so we might as well get out and about.  It's ok if we go tonight, Disney is just a few miles from here so no big deal.

We both hate to have to leave next week but going to have to, I have things to do and need to run to Houston before going home.  And of course son is coming in the 1st of April, sure don't want to miss his visit.

We went to Disney Hollywood Studios, it was nice.  Nice and cool, not totally packed, enough people though and we even found a parking place in the front row.  Left at 7 when that park closed.

We went to a fancier restaurant, I wanted a good steak, supposed to have been Italian and neither of our meals was very good.  The steak was tender enough but was supposed to be wood grilled, tasted like it had been dropped in ashes to me and her sauce and meatballs had no flavor.  Was expensive and we were dissappointed. But that happens sometimes. 

We had eaten 3 meals at a small oriental restaurant and it is really really good but wanted a change.  I need to find a fresh seafood place.

Right at 69 today, windows open, nice breeze, just a beautiful day.

I took the coach to the window place this morning.  He is going to charge me around $100 to have the glass made and install it, far cry from $380, WOW, cough, choke.  He said he doesn't ordinarily do automotive glass but does for RVs sometimes.  I'm sure glad he decided to this time.

I got an Ipad with a hotspot and does that work good.  I'm running my computer off it right now, it will run something like 6 computers off the hotspot.  I have to get the pop information off my frontier account before I can use that part though, don't have it with me. I told Tom don't get anything for my birthday or anniversary, looks like I got it already!  I will be 67 the 25th, and we will be married 45 years.  I need to get him something for our anniversary too, but what.  He said he was just getting ready to start looking on Amazon, so I told him don't.  If his project gets extended I may buy him some more dive items, he said its really beautiful diving over there.  I got him a dive computer and a knife for Christmas, he got a wetsuit.  We have talked about getting him tanks and stuff but he said he doesn't know how long he will be there and will likely not use them back here.  I will see what he wants to do.

I put all the awnings out and of course seems like the wind has picked up some, it always does that, very calm, awning out, wind!  May have to put the big one up, the small window ones aren't a problem but that 20 footer gets to be. I  definitely will when we leave later.

The new little vaccum is giving the carpet a lease on life.  It likely is lifting some fuzz but looks to me like dirt, lots of dirt, I have been vacuuming about everyother day, I would have never guessed there was that much dirt in this carpet.  I don't think this has been vacuumed really good that often and it now looks good in the living room and bedroom.  The hallway is  greatly improved but its not great as outside the bathroom and all gets a lot of wear so I just put a throwrug on it.  No new flooring this year and likely none next year either.

Again its just a beautiful day out, so nice and peaceful and quiet here.  I hate to have to leave next week but I gotta.  Darn  Sue Anne doesn't want to leave either.  I don't think we will make good snow bunnies.  BRRRRR!

Had a great time yesterday, went to the Magic Kingdom, we stayed for the electric parade, now that was neat.  Today have done much of nothing, watched TV and been lazy.  We are getting ready to go to the Pirate Dinner Adventure tonight.  Sue Anne has been waiting for a few days to go to this.  I figured it was to chilly tonight to do otherwise.

Our window is in so in the morning we are having it installed, sure lucked out on that.  I think we will go ahead and leave Monday, no point in extending 2 days when the weather is pretty cool.

Back to Houston, do paperwork for Sue Anne, get pills refilled, and check on property.  Won't be there to long, then head to Indiana.  I'm so excited to see our son in April.  I just can't believe he is going to miss his dad by a few days.  There is a possibility Tom said that the project he is on may be closed down in midMarch so who knows.  Son said he may go on 4 days a week instead of 5 due to the sequester, wonder if that will effect his vacation time annually, need to ask him. He said working 4 days a week won't hurt his feelings.  Makes a difference for those that live within their means, I think he is like his dad and could live on very little.  He said heck I could live in a box if I had too, wives won't do that though!!

We have had a great time and hope to go periodically.  I will likely be back and forth to Houston a few times this summer till the property is sold.  Have to see how things play out, but this has been FUN.

I will be garden time and mowing time soon.  4 acres is a big yard and I need to be careful and not overdo the garden too.  I have lots of clean up to do, limbs have blown down this winter.

Got the window installed at about a 1/3 the cost of the one from Fleetwood.  I appreciate them being able to get it and will give them a call thanking them for researching it, but just to much money.  On a new or newer coach would likely have done it, but then on a newer one maybe it would have been less.

Went to downtown Disney today, wind was blowing and several things closed, it was cold.  We didn't stay to long.  Came home and took a nap, just finished with dinner.  Loaded up on the good veggies down here.  I must say they may be imported but they are better here then by the time they make it elsewhere.  Still set to leave for Houston on Monday.  Had a great trip so far, hope it continues to be so.

We have had fun, time for me to get busy again and quit playing!! ;D

I got a bag of ruby red grapefruit and 2 bags of oranges, always like those when I get down here.  But this time I bought some tangerines, they are to die for.  I just got the snack pack and wish I had gotten the 1/4 bushel, don't know how they will keep.  I will share some with folks back home.  I need to stop and get a bag of those tomorrow.  Sue Anne likes them and she hardly ever eats fruits except apples and cantaloupes. 

I love those honey tangerines, full of seeds but who cares, wonder why I never bought any of those before, they are delicious.

Tonight in Tallahasse, didn't go far today.  I found a park closed down, one full, and they told me about this one.  Looks like to me we got almost the last site, usually nevr have a problem finding one.

Sorry Jim, I don't drive once its getting dark.  I have lots of cataracts forming, small for now but they and something else interferes with my night vision and judgement so I take no chances.  I'm sure you can understand that.  Getting old is for the durn birds.

We are near Pensacols, not driving fast, wind adviseries out today.  Not bothering me much but do slow down, I see some units getting whipped around though.

I can also see where the recession has taken its toll.  Man the number of campgrounds closed down is unreal and same with service stations and motels.  I feel we must be insulated from it but seems like any recession we have ever been through is when Tom and I do the best.  Go figure, and believe me I'm thankful.

Ok, off again, was just checking mail and things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tensch
Back
Top Bottom