TV Brands?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why is it that the people who have the "unnecessary appliance" in their homes, think it's ridiculous to have it in camper/RV? I live in my "camper". And the truck camper is a "vacation" home and rolling motel room.

And I'm STILL waiting for one of the fools who says an automatic dishwasher is a waste of money to show up to wash my dishes for me EVERY DAY. So far, no one has ever showed up.

Excise me while I turn my automatic dishwasher on and watch a movie on my TV while the dishes are being cleaned. Later I will watch another movie while I wash and dry my clothes in the onboard washer and dryer.

Why is it that the people who have the "unnecessary appliance" in their homes, think it's ridiculous to have it in camper/RV? I live in my "camper". And the truck camper is a "vacation" home and rolling motel room.

And I'm STILL waiting for one of the fools who says an automatic dishwasher is a waste of money to show up to wash my dishes for me EVERY DAY. So far, no one has ever showed up.

Excise me while I turn my automatic dishwasher on and watch a movie on my TV while the dishes are being cleaned. Later I will watch another movie while I wash and dry my clothes in the onboard washer and dryer.
It’s your RV. You can have anything you want in it. There’s been numerous discussions on this forum about cable, dish or whatever is used to get TV reception. I don’t think you can buy a new RV that doesn’t come with a TV.

I am in the camp of I have a smart TV in the motorhome, I just rarely watch it. On our last 3 week trip in May to the Badlands of South Dakota I think we used the TV one time, and that was to watch a movie one night while we were boondock camping at the Buffalo Gap site 6 miles south of Wall overlooking the Badlands.

Still while the TV does not get much use, it is nice to have on those days when there is torrential rain from sunrise to sunset.

Replacing the TV in our camper. Not going with satellite, just don't need it for our more limited use. We have found OTA to be almost useless. Don't want to spend much and looking at available TV's, that doesn't seem to be an issue. Just a Smart TV, capable of streaming thru a phone hotspot etc. Seeing a bunch lf brands, LG, TCL, Samsung? many others, favorites? Ones to avoid?
LG is good.

Well, it's not necessary to have a TV if you are not interested. less power consumption, more space. But it can be beneficial too. Anyway, whether or not to have a TV in an RV is a personal decision.

Aside from the brand of TV and overall quality of the picture, I would put the OS and remote pretty high on the list of things to consider. For example, this latest LG set bought uses WebOS which to me is a confusing mess. And the remote? Whoever designed this piece of crap should be... well, bad things should happen.

Be that the case, obviously the Firestick is the superior product then, no?

:p:LOL::ROFLMAO:
I use a Firestick on a Roku TV if that tells you my preference. But Roku owners prefer their Roku. And then there are those devoted Chevy owners who can't justify paying twice as much for a Chevy Suburban and buy a Durango. Then end up liking the Dodge better than Chevy. Like me.

As an update, Bought a Firestick. Haven't used it in my rv yet, but I can get channels I want. By having Cox cable at home I can see some of these channels by logging in .

Like I mentioned, TV works fine, but only by OTA which has been less than good in the areas we go to.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom