Upgrading to a new travel trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hairscrambler

Hi All, I am going to be looking into upgrading my 1988 Rockwood 5th wheel travel trailer. The dealer will give me 2500 for a trade in. He has 4 leftover new 2010 trailers that sparked my interest. They are sunset Creek model numbers 267 RL, 297, 299 RE and a 298. Any of them can be had for 19999. I think I can maybe get that number a little lower. I am thinking of around 18K minus my trailer trade in I would be looking at 15500-16000. Does anyone have any feed back on these models or reccomendations of other models in that range ? What do most of you do about financing and what kind of rates are out there ? I am also looking at a few lightly used 2003-2007 units. I would appreciate any thoughts on my moves or particular trailers that are similar to the above units that you would reccomend. Thanks in advance for your help. So many choices out there it makes my head spin. :-\

Look up the value of those leftover rigs at www.nadaguides.com. They may be unused, but they have still depreciated substantially and the selling price should reflect that. Normally you would get at least 15% off MSRP anyway, so you ought to be looking for 25% or more discount (at the very least for a almost 2 year old RV). The 2012 models will be out in another couple months.

You might do better on the used units - the dealer may be more willing to negotiate on those than his "new" ones.

Will do and thanks for the help Gary. Hopefully gonna steal a deal this week so I'm all set for my August trip to 1000 Islands. ;D

AGAIN - I can't say this enough after what I am currently experiencing with my "new" TT.  CHECK THE ROOF of each one - they have been on the lot for a couple of years in the elements!  I wish I would have known to do this last month when I bought mine.  Bring your own ladder if you have to! OH and check the tire pressure before you leave the dealer.  Mine was way off and so was my sister and her husbands when they bought their TT last year - almost flat!  WHAT about the final inspection by the dealer service dept!??!  roof and tires don't count I guess!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom