VAious Class C's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greeneguy63

Hello

I am new to the forum and am enjoying everyone's posts. 

I am looking to purchase a used Class C to go full time within the next few months.

Are there any things I should look out for when purchasing and by that I mean, Ford or Chevy/engine size/Brands to stay away from.  Is there anything like Consumer Reports for RVs out there?

Thank you

Patrick
Knoxville, TN

Class Cs are a little small for full timing unless you are all alone. They have limited storage space, small holding tanks and very little interior space. You are better off looking for a Class A.

Chevy or Ford?  Not a particular issue.  How well either has been maintained is the main consideration.  As for which make/model of RV, the main thing is layout.  Does it suit your needs?  Nearly all RVs have the usual run of appliances and other equipment.  Certainly, some appliances are better than others, but in most cases, not a particular issue.  I will say, if you plan on changing locations frequently and/or prefer public campgrounds (Corps of Eng., National parks, State parks, etc.) you might find a leveling system attractive.  Also, if you think you might want to tow a vehicle, you need to ensure the motorhome is rated for the expected weight.

Bobtop46 said:
Never buy a class "C" with a window on the front of the cab over area.
I wouldn't go so far as to say that.  I would say, if given a choice, choose one w/o the front window, but that shouldn't be a show stopper if everything else looks good.

Back
Top Bottom