water leaks in long drivers side slideout

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rvtraveller

I have a 2010 Adventurer and the drivers side long slideout has developed a serious leak whenever there is a heavy rainstorm. The water comes into the cupboards  through the screws that attach the cupboards to the top of the slide. If I remove a screw  the water flows quite freely out the open screw hole. I cant find the place where the water is entering the top of the slideout . Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? :(

I have a slide topper and seal is not torn but top of slide out is poorly built and a in a heavy rainfall water collects in the low spots and I think it is seeping in at the point where the slide facia joins the slide roof, there is no caulking at this joint on any of the slideouts in my rig and I am wondering if this is a factory oversight or were they all built like this?

Do you have the Winnebago Slide locks? If so it might be a plugged drain. To clear the drain (if you have the slide locks) you'll need a fine flexible wire to insert up the drain from the drain outlet on the side of the slide.

I had a leak through the slide roof. Originally thought it was the slide lock but it was bone dry. Then focused on the window as the water was collecting below the window. Replaced the slide topper early the following spring and while doing so, noticed that there was caulking missing around the slide lock on the top of the slide. Fixed that and the leak was gone. My take away lesson from this experience is that I will remove to slide topper to look for the point of entry as it is a real guess otherwise. With two people and a can of silicon spray, you can likely remove, check the roof and reinstall the topper in a couple of hours.
Good luck,

A prior Winnebago Tour of mine leaked as well. Water on top of the slide  went around the gasket in its channel  and wicked inside via the headliner, than seeped everywhere. Winnebagos fix was to remove the gasket, add sealant, replace gasket.

Check the seal at the junction of the side wall and roof of the slider. We had the same problem in our Tour. The edge wasn't properly sealed and the water ran sown the wall and came out of the window fram.

I once had a horrible leak coming from the slide.  I tried everything..recaulking everything that I could see. 

Come to find out, there was a piece of plastic that is on the top of the slide, at the edge closest to the coach and looked like it was a corner piece..  It needed to be caulked.   

I have a 2010 35P Adventurer with a full wall slide on the street side.  I too experienced water leaks in the overhead cabinets on that side during heavy rains. I finally got some very heavy vinyl upholstery material from a fabric store and cut pieces to cover the openings at each end (between the slideout top & the topper).  They are attached with bulldog clips to the topper and hang down about a foot.  I have had no more leaks. When I set up at a new site, attaching the covers is on my checklist.  I surmised that since the slide is so long it might have a slight dip in it and water was puddling near the center.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom