We are Owners of 2019 Dutchstar 4018!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fan Dang Tastic....  very beautiful.. Time to break it in, whos gonna take credit for the first drink spill i wonder :)

Day 4 of  Ownership.  Still at Dealership. A beautiful sunrise!  Got up at 6 am to take the coach on our first ride, a  2 hour commute to Athens, TX for  M&G to install an airline for our toad braking system. I was going to go shopping  but given both of us were a bit nervous about yesterday's thrown code  and engine shut down, I decided to  go with him.  I was fully equipped with  phone numbers to call,"just in Case."

When it was daylight we fired  her up and  did an amazing 180 degree turn to  get out of this lot going the correct direction. Slow and steady as to  not  wake our neighbors.  Got around the back of  the building and Check engine light came  on  followed by a total loss of power, just like yesterday!

Grabbed my phone but  a golf cart full of techs was going by and  I flagged them down.  They  immediately (I mean within one minute had a  guy with a computer in our rig, testing stuff)  We limped back around  the building and back into our camping spot and were told that the Freightliner guy comes on Thursday so we are in luck.  He showed up, tested and ordered an accelerator pedal sensor for us that will  be here tomorrow. Seems when we put  on the gas, it tripped a code. Wonder why it  did  not do it on the drive home from Napannee?  Terry asked if I ever knew why a light bulb worked one day and not the next.

So I went shopping anyway. Having made the commute in the Jeep we had no groceries and it was about time to  eat in! I stocked up and got a new paper towel holder that is  neatly installed inside a cupboard.  I had to remove all kinds of warning labels  to  mount it  in that convenient spot but it is done! We are very flexible RV owners.

I  am so grateful the  rig did not die out on the road!  Stay tuned...

Oh Betty and Terry!  We're so glad you finally have your new home on wheels.  The QE2 name is SO fitting!  I love the interior wood and the exterior is lovely.  Yes, I'm sure Terry is busy adding all kinds of electronic goodies.  Can't wait to see QE2 in person!  I hope you enjoy it for many years and that your troubles are few!

ArdraF and JerryF

SeilerBird said:
When do we get to see some photos of the most famous paper towel holder in this forum's history? 8)

Here ya go! Bed Bath and Beyond.  Will  be returning the other one I  bought  that does not work.

Attachments

• Paper towel holder.JPG
    Paper towel holder.JPG
    104.9 KB · Views: 75
  • Kitchen Cupboard MG_4382.JPG
    Kitchen Cupboard MG_4382.JPG
    114 KB · Views: 71
Reading your post is like reading the postings of newbe's with their first coach!! All the awe, frustrations, and excitement usually displayed with wide open eyes and loud exclamations.. I hope you are thinking of the ways to "personalize" the new ride,,its disappointing to step into some coaches that look so "manufactured" with nothing personal like favorite pictures and so forth.
While your at it buy several of those pedal sensors so you never have one quit again...

Its good to see you happy as a little kid with a new tricycle,,ENJOY..>>>Dan

Utclmjmpr said:
Its good to see you happy as a little kid with a new tricycle,,ENJOY..>>>Dan
Dan,

We'll have to check the cost before adding "spares" to  these new fixes! We are indeed like little kids,  grateful for our options to purchase a new RV. Life is short and we want to enjoy every second. These last few days have been like a dream, this said from one  who never ever thought we would  have a new RV.

I'll keep sending photos as this is so  much fun. Having 2 bathrooms is  beyond  good!

Perhaps the Queen has been corresponding with the Queen2?  'Guess what I did to the folks today?'...  Machines discuss among themselves you know.  We will both have our Queens tamed in no time.

GORGEOUS !!!! I love the light interior colors. Can?t wait to see it at some rally down the Road. Big Hugs.

Betty,
Glad that Freightliner was available to quickly diagnose the problem.

See tomorrow! Maybe Monday or Tuesday I'll post a few pics.

ken

Ahhh, working out the little "bugs" is part of the adventure. It just helps you get acquainted to the nuances of the new rig.  You will be up and running in no time. 

Hi Betty,
it was wonderful to meet you at Q, you and Terry were so welcoming and very excited about the new RV. So so pleased it is what you wanted and deserved. God bless her and all who travel, drink and dine in her. Hope to see you at Q2020
Best wishes
Tony & Anne

Terry/Betty, the new coach is freakin' GORGEOUS!!!

We are so happy for you guys.  Kind of ironic, I just sent Terry an email this morning inquiring about the coach before I saw this thread. :eek:

Can't wait to see it in person.  Hope you guys enjoy the hell out of it and are able to get to that 200k mile mark on this one as well.

Mike

Congrats Terry and Betty, good choice in a Newmar. Hope to see you soon. Enjoy

Ken & Sheila said:
Betty,
Glad that Freightliner was available to quickly diagnose the problem.

See tomorrow! Maybe Monday or Tuesday I'll post a few pics.

ken

Our coach parked next to Terry & Betty

Attachments

• P1000816.JPG
    P1000816.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 64
Absolutely Beautiful!! Hope you two have years and years of fun in this new coach.

Robin

They're both beautiful!  We hope your deliveries are going well - and that the weather is decent!  How are the cats taking to their new abode?

ArdraF

Back
Top Bottom