What is the purpose of the plug under A/C?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bchristo

I have a basement A/C in Winn Journey 2000 ....I pulled the plug under A/C and about 4 gallons of water came out??? - Is that plug supposed to always remain in place?  Thanks

That rubber plug lets water drain from ac unit(just like a home unit would do) and I believe the reason It's kind of flat towards the end is to keep unwanted dirt, bugs and so forth from going back up there. Sometimes it get slimmy, gunky( for a lack of better words) But all you need to do is clean it. If it was me I would clean it and put it back in if possible.

Thanks - It was extremely slimy - Will Do. And I will monitor it to make sure it drains. Thanks again.

Yep, it's not supposed to be a plug but rather a drain hose.  I glance at ours periodically to note whether or not any water is dripping. There normally is a damp spot under the coach in hot weather, and sometimes even when using the heat pump function.

We made a Tube Cleaning Swab with a small piece of Rag and a foot long piece of Metal Coat Hanger.
Put a 180* bend in one end , place the bit of rag in the bend and tap it flat with a hammer.
Insert the swab end up the tube and it wipes the grunge out of the tube. Pull the swab back out and the grunge comes out along with any trapped water.

RCTime, maybe you can give the other forum where you posted about the tool that Capt.Chet came up with, the link to this site, or this thread...... :)

Back
Top Bottom