What is you favorite RV accessory?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have an electric mattress pad that is awesome -- it really saves on propane. My furnace is set around 55-60 degrees at night and I stay toasty warm. :) (Electrowarmth makes them in RV queen sizes, too.)

Re: pizza stone and oven -- my oven has two settings, "raw" and "charcoal." I haven't been able to find anything wrong with it, so I've just chalked it up to poor design. I cook smaller roasts and meals in the toaster oven, and have a really nice BBQ grill outside that does a fine job of roasting large stuff like turkeys, pork shoulders, or multiple chickens if I'm cooking for a bunch of people.

Got to agree with a couple of previous posters that MCD shades was our best aftermarket purchase.  Had the rig about three years before finally biting the bullet and ordering the shades.  Installed them ourselves on all eleven windows.  Felt like an installation expert by the time we were done!  After our install-it-ourselves project, NuWa announced they would supply them as an option on their rigs except in the bedrooms where there wasn't adequate clearances.  Glad I was ignorant about that fact because we installed them on all three bedroom windows with minimal effort. ;D

ljcygnet said:
I have an electric mattress pad that is awesome -- it really saves on propane. My furnace is set around 55-60 degrees at night and I stay toasty warm. :) (Electrowarmth makes them in RV queen sizes, too.)

My electric mattress pad "is" another favorite accessory. Only mine is DC operated. It is especially nice when boondocking. Don't have to run the furnace at all during the night. It uses about 4.5 amps and takes about 20 minutes or so to warm up. I then cut the thermostat back so it will keep cooking all night.

I installed two 12volt sockets right beside the bed - so can run the mattress pad with one of them and other DC items with the other one. That allows me to charge my smart phone, run a small inverter or whatever all with no hookups.

Smart TVs
Full sized recliner.
Sat Dish.
Ext Wi FI ant
I love my washer dryer combo.
Oil rad heater.

Mostly the life style, I pretty much full time and I love being able to cook, watch tv ect and still get on the road at the time of my choosing.

My kenwood TS-2000,,, Oh, wait, that's a Ham Radio, not an RV accessory.

I really do not have a favorite RV accessory.. Just some household Gadgets that would be equally at home in a sticks and bricks.

The one "RV" accessory I do have is this laptop and the program Streets & Trips. with GPS dongle. Now that.. Is an RV accessory (Navicomp) Got me from Taylor, MI to Seneca, SC in under 24 hours (minutes under but still under).

My favorite is my Big Buddy catalytic heater. It saves me a bundle on propane, and a little in generator fuel, since unlike the furnace it's 100% efficient and there's no draw on the batteries (less recharging time).

Couldn't live without my Honda EU2000 either. Love it.

Back
Top Bottom