What's happening on Thanksgiving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
We are having Turkey Day at home this year, with a big bird and all the traditional trimmings. Pat & Jim Dick are coming in their coach for 3-4 days and Dale & Karen Henderson will join us for the day (they are camped just several miles away from us at the Wilderness RV Resort). Our daughter will also be on hand, so it should be a convivial affair, with suitable adult beverages and plenty of "horses ovaries" to lead up to the big dinner.

I see Tom & Chris are off RVing at Point Reyes with their adult offspring.  What are some of the rest of you up to??

We're taking our 5er up to Paso Robles for a few days, meeting friends and having a traditional Thanksgiving dinner with them in the RV resort.  ;D

Although we celebrated out Thanksgiving last month, we will be celebrating your by stating on out trip to the south west, Yuma, on that day.  Wishing all of the extended FRAMILY a great feast  :)

Well, I get to have my turkey through a tube I guess. I am scheduled for surgery tomorrow and will spend Thanksgiving day and the next few in the hospital. But once I get out..... LOOK OUT!!! I'm going to make up for it. :eek: 

Jerry Ray,

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you a very successful surgery.  Please tell Arlyne to let us know how you're doing because we all look forward to your being back amongst us!  :)

Ardra and Jerry

Jolene and I along with my folks will head to cousins home in Winter Spring, FL.  Usually big crowd there, I am the gravy meister.  Have day off before and after as well.  Considered going to the bluegrass fest instead.  

Gary, not sure if I missed you yesterday or not, I do know I missed the possible opportunity.  

ArdraF said:
Jerry Ray,

We'll be thinking of you tomorrow and wishing you a very successful surgery.  Please tell Arlyne to let us know how you're doing because we all look forward to your being back amongst us!  :)

Ardra and Jerry

Hi Ardra,

Arlyne says she will get the news out afterwords and thank you for the kind thoughts.  And to all the rest of the framily, I guess I will be out of touch for a while since they said no computers in the hospital, so If I don't answer for a while I hope you all understand.

Honest John, thank you also.

Jerry, good luck with the surgery and here's hoping for a speed recovery.  We'll be looking for Arlyne's report.

We'll be having Thanksgiving dinner at our neighbors along with his brother.  Just 5 of us for dinner and football :)  They have a new park model so it won't be crowded.

Our best wishes too, Jerry!

We will have "kind of" a traditional Thanksgiving dinner at our  Son, daughter-in-laws, along with her family.  Our daughter-in-law is Mexican so the meal gets spiced up a bit.  We did it this way last year and it was fun. 

I'm quite anxious as this moves us closer to Christmas and 12/26 we are on the road again!

Tom will be helping our next door neighbor cook the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy for the gang at the clubhouse at Timber Valley SKP park in Sutherlin, OR.  Salads, veggies, rolls and deserts will be potluck.  There are about 70 lot holders signed up for the feast.  

I'm bringing a jelled salad with cranberries, apples, celery, nuts and melted mini-marshmellows.  Sort of Jello Waldorf meets Ambrosia.   We nicknamed this salad Mt. St. Helens Pink Flowing Lava Salad after I once doubled the recipe and it began to foam and overflow.  Luckily Tom was within earshot when I shouted for an extra emergency pot to pour the "lava" into.  I'll never double that recipe again.  Ahhh ... traditions!  ::)

(We'll be thinking of you, Jerry!)

Margi

RV Roamer said:
We are having Turkey Day at home this year, with a big bird and all the traditional trimmings. Pat & Jim Dick are coming in their coach for 3-4 days and Dale & Karen Henderson will join us for the day (they are camped just several miles away from us at the Wilderness RV Resort). Our daughter will also be on hand, so it should be a convivial affair, with suitable adult beverages and plenty of "horses ovaries" to lead up to the big dinner.

Hope the wind is not out of the northwest Thursday. Wouldn't want any of the post-turkey gas cloud to reach here and wilt the flowers. :)

Tom and Margi said:

I'm bringing a jelled salad with cranberries, apples, celery, nuts and melted mini-marshmellows.  Sort of Jello Waldorf meets Ambrosia.  

Margi,

Sounds wonderful.  Care to share the recipe.  I like to try new things but  Terry makes me practice them first as we don't like disasters in front of our guests.

I am having 12 for dinner.  Terry will cook our turkey under the bar b Que.  Framily Will bring trimmings.  My 89 year old mother in law will join us,  as will Terry's sister.  We are all thankful for our health.

Betty and Terry

Since Ned didn't say it we would like to wish all of you a Happy Thanksgiving Day.  We will be taking company potatoes and orange/cranberry relish.

We too wish everyone a happy Thanksgiving. Every year is another year of life and events we have a reason to be thankful for. It's our 29th since arriving with virtually the clothes on our backs.

We've celebrated Thanksgiving in different parts of the world and different parts of the U.S., with family and friends, occasionally just the two of us, and sometimes afloat. This year will, I believe, be our first time celebrating Thanksgiving in our coach with kids and grandkids, and some friends.

Chris has the rotisserie and a couple of turkeys loaded and ready to go.

Y'all enjoy the holidays, and we'll be thinking of Jerry recovering from surgery. We'll also be giving thanks to the dedication of the young men and women who are away from home, working to keep us all safe.

A traditional Iowa TG Day for us at our daughter's home, which is still rather new to us...for years it was always at our home, but now that we've declared our RV Independence, our kids can't trust us anymore to be around for sure.  So they've taken the TG & XMAS duties on without a whimper...in fact I believe they enjoy it more since some of their own new traditions are beginning to replace the old ones.

And like the Geodrakes, we look forward to 12/26 as well, which is our planned departure date for the warmer climate.  Tentative plan for next year is to already be at our Winter RV park, with the kids perhaps flying down for the Holidays!

Happy Thanksgiving to all  8) 8)

Our best to Jerry and also to Arlynne as we understand the stress on both.

Our Thanksgiving will be a quiet one with just my brother and ourselves.  Our thoughts will be with our family and others as the day progresses and especially those far from home in dangerous places.

We are in Florida with my folks and will take them 50 miles north for a turkey with my two of my cousins.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jane has to work on Thanksgiving Day so I'll be dining alone.  I went grocery shopping today and bought a large can of Turkey SPAM, a pumpkin pie and some cranberry flavored vodka.  I'm all set.

Here's wishing everyone a very safe and happy Thanksgiving Day.

Taking the MH, wife and kitties and going to Leesburg to my son's wife's parents house for Thanksgiving dinner.  Then going to Chuluota to my son's house for a couple of days. Going to buy his family a computer for a Christmas present.

Back
Top Bottom