What's the majority here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you have?

• Motorhome

Votes: 107 64.8%
  • Travel Trailer

Votes: 59 35.8%

• Total voters
I've had a travel trailer, a 5th wheel, a Class C, a Class A, and a VW vanagon. I think of them all as different and I would never have called my 35-foot 5er a travel trailer. But if you made me choose right now, I have a motorhome.

Wendy

I never considered my tent camper a travel trailer  --they couldn't go where I went! With just two choices of RVs I'd have put motorized and non-motorized. And that is very discriminating.

There are 3 classes of motorized; with toy haulers, 3 classes of non-motorized, 4 if you must put tent campers in non-motorized; and then there is the hybrid -the slide in truck camper which is both! I've seen them left on site with the truck gone elsewhere.

I didn't vote because I think you need to add 5th Wheel to the list.

Denny

I think the original poster is just interested in motorized VS not motorized.

There are several types of trailers: tag along, fifth wheel, gooseneck, pintle hook, etc.  All trailers nevertheless.  Fifth wheel is a coupling method for trailers, it changes the construction of the trailer, but it's still a trailer.  If they have living quarters and used for travel, then these trailers become travel trailers regardless of the type.  Then we can start breaking down in single, tandem and tri axles.  Hybrid VS solid, with or without slide outs, toy hauler or not.

If your recreational vehicle has an motor and can be moved on it's own power, than it's a motorhome.  No need to start going into all the classes and options here either.

Yes the survey is broken down in two broad categories that we could break down in several sub-categories, but please humour the original poster and pick one or the other.

Marc L said:
I think the original poster is just interested in motorized VS not motorized.

There are several types of trailers: tag along, fifth wheel, gooseneck, pintle hook, etc.  All trailers nevertheless.  Fifth wheel is a coupling method for trailers, it changes the construction of the trailer, but it's still a trailer.  If they have living quarters and used for travel, then these trailers become travel trailers regardless of the type.  Then we can start breaking down in single, tandem and tri axles.  Hybrid VS solid, with or without slide outs, toy hauler or not.

If your recreational vehicle has an motor and can be moved on it's own power, than it's a motorhome.  No need to start going into all the classes and options here either.

Yes the survey is broken down in two broad categories that we could break down in several sub-categories, but please humour the original poster and pick one or the other.

You got it.  I'm not trying to distinguish between bumper pulled or fifth wheel attached.  I've pulled all the way from a 9' low boy up to a 53' reefer trailer.  If it doesn't have it's own motor to move forward it's a Trail-er.

Pauls Toy Hauler said:
You got it.  I'm not trying to distinguish between bumper pulled or fifth wheel attached.  I've pulled all the way from a 9' low boy up to a 53' reefer trailer.  If it doesn't have it's own motor to move forward it's a Trail-er.
If youve pulled lowboys and reefers then you know whats going on with the nitpicking. ;)

Good thread... I've wondered myself what the motorhome vs. trailer breakdown is around here.  Looks like motorhomes are off to a solid lead (54 to 30 as I type this)!

I had a feeling it was more motorhomes based on the way discussions have gone. I still like having the TT.

And what % is that of our membership? [TIC]  ;)  or, how big is the iceberg below the top?

A fun exercise to see what some of the posters here want to drive or want to pull.  ;D 

This is fun to see. Of the 31216 current members (4/9/11 8:00 am EDT) 19040 have no posts and another 5246 have 1 post. That leaves 6930 with 2 or more posts.  That gets the % of participants up to 1.31%

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoadSage
Back
Top Bottom