Why did my cruise control stop working?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the update. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the leveling problem.
Seems nothing with us with respect to RV repairs is ever simple. Case in point...

Back to the repair shop to install this second new motor. Hook everything up... no go. A very long time on the phone with different techs at Lippert support. Problem could possibly be the control board that interacts with the pump not sending sufficient voltage (apologies for my non-tech explanation as such electrical matters are beyond my understanding). Good news if that's the culprit and can solve the problem. Bad news, a new board is many hundreds of dollars.

Tech guy is able to find a new and used board at a location 90 minutes away. Drives to pick them up.

When the replacement board is installed, no change. Good news: money saved. But, oh yeah... still not working.

Skipping to the last stage of this saga it turned out that the "new" (second delivery) motor was defective! Tech was able to bastardize this latest motor and replace its casing with the casing on the old/new original replacement motor that had the broken part. (following this?? :rolleyes: )

All fixed?? Yeah, right... not quite. It was then determined that the sensor in the reservoir was defective! They were able to find one in the whole area in stock and someone from the shop drove over an hour one way to pick it up.

At that point we drove off to have lunch and try to put it all out of our minds for at least awhile.

Back from lunch and first thing we noticed was the levelers were DOWN.

Were it any other shop than this one that we've worked with before I would tend to question their expertise and perhaps even their honesty (more parts + hours = $$) but they were very transparent all along and took great pains to point out exactly what was going on throughout the process. Also, the spent hours driving to get parts at no extra charge and no charge for the mobile visit.

Fingers crossed that all will remain working as we travel along...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Savysoaker
Back
Top Bottom