windshield replacement

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rchunter57

Hey everyone, been a long time since I've posted here.  Is very helpful to have a community to draw from like this forum.  I have a 85 Allegro, and need to replace the driver's side windshield.  It's flat glass, and the gasket needs replacing to.  I have one quote of about $1000 for glass and installation.  Just wondering the "range" I can expect this number to come in at, low to high.  She's an old dog, but in good shape otherwise, but glass would be 25% of coaches total value.  Any suggestions?

I don't have specific figures for you, but glass is definitely expensive, especially in the large, low volume sizes/shapes used in motorhomes. I checked on glass coverage for mine but the insurance company wanted enough extra that I could pay for one in four years or so. I wouldn't think $1,000 is out of line, by the time you also figure installation.

I'm going to be checking this next week. I ran into a "hailstorm" of rocks while on the Yellowstone trip. Nothing major, just a few decent-sized chips...on both sides of the windshield. One has starred and is trying to crack, so that's going to be an issue for sure.
Fortunately, my State Farm insurance has a zero-deductible for this kind of claim...(of course, it COULD cause my rates to go up...so they'll get me one way or another)

Oh, BTW, on mine, the chips might be small enough to just have repaired...I'll talk to my agent.

Hi
we replaced left side windshield on 05 meridian for @ 800.00 at united glass.chip repair several times at no charge with inc.

Drivers side windshield on 05' Holiday Rambler 3 years ago in Apache Junction, AZ.  $1100.00

Bill

Yup, I kinda figured the $1000 was a pretty legitimate quote.  After reading some other posts like mine, should I be concerned about the "frame" the windshield is in?  I just want to be prepared when I get a potential call about "it is going to be a LITTLE higher".  lol  As far as insurance, the premium where I'm at (State Farm) for comprehensive would result in my paying for this repair already in premium.  If I ever go on the road, say my bucket list trip to AK, would definitely add it prior to setting out.
These older rides are cheap to buy, a dog to maintain, and when do you let it go?  I still love my allegro though and wouldn't hesitate to set out tomorrow.  Of course I've put in a new radiator, all new brakes, master cylinder, tires, in other words, the big three.  Safe travels all.

At least be thankful yours is not a one piece windshield, the cost would be around double that $1000.00 mark.

Bill

My 08 Bounder is scheduled for driver side  next Tue  875$ crack lower left corner.
Two section unit.

Back
Top Bottom