Winnebago factory service

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

red36

Do you need an appointment for factory service?

How long is the wait if you do not have an appointment?

Do they have a campground?

What are the hourly charges for non warranty work?

Any other comments?

red36 said:
Do you need an appointment for factory service?

No

How long is the wait if you do not have an appointment?

Maybe three or four days - depends on how busy they are.  If you have major work that needs to be done, they might not take you on a non-appointment

Do they have a campground?

If you have an appointment, you can park very near the service building.  Drop-ins stay at rally park - only about 1/2 mile away.  30 amp electric, water and a dump available

What are the hourly charges for non warranty work?

I think it's now about $110 an hour.  If you are a member of the Winnebago Itasca Travelers, you get 10% off parts

Any other comments?

It is one of the few places in the US that I trust to work on my coach

Thanks

How hard is it to get an appointment?  What is the procedure?  How long do I need to schedule in advance?

red36 said:
How hard is it to get an appointment?

Not difficult at all

What is the procedure?

Give them a call and make an appointment.

How long do I need to schedule in advance?

Ah - now that's the question!  It varies quite a bit - in the winter, they might be only booked out a couple of weeks, but who would want to be in northern Iowa in the winter  :eek:  Last I heard, they were about 6-8 weeks out for appointments.

I just visited Winnebago service without an appointment the week before labor day.  Their appointments were booked through October at the time.  I got there on Monday at about 2PM.  They allowed us to stay in their rally park across the street until they could "work us in" their schedule.  They took my unit in on Thursday morning. But we didn't have to wait around all day or anything before that, I just checked in each morning and they said, check back tomorrow a couple of times, so we went off and did stuff during the day.    Rally park had electric only at the site, but there were common dump stations and water faucets available - which I did use.

The service department kept two lists of folks waiting for repair work.  One list of those with appointments and another of those without appointments.  I was number 11 on the list of folks with no appointment when I got there on Monday.  There were 12-14 appointment folks listed on the board at that time.  They take you in order of arrival and squeeze you in their schedule, once they start work on your unit - they will continue to follow through to the end.

The form they had me fill out, as a non appointment person, allowed me to list 7 things that I wanted them to fix. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ryan1986
Back
Top Bottom