Winnebago View

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jrainer

Hello, I am Joe from Louisiana, purchased a new 2015 Winnebago View in Feb.  On our first trip to FL, towing a 2002 Jeep Wrangler, generator blew a sleeve.  After 6 weeks, dealer finally replaced.  In the hills of Mississippi, noticed the rear end had a whining noise at 2800-2900 RPMS.  Sprinter dealer replaced rear end and plans to add additional leaf springs.

Anyone else had this issue?

Welcome!  We have some View owners here so maybe one of them will chime in.

When you say the generator "blew a sleeve", what exactly does that mean?  The whining noise in the rear end is probably the ring and pinion gears in the differential, they might not have been set up right at the factory.  At any rate - that's the first report of a rear end being replaced I've seen.  Also, I don't understand why the dealer believes he needs to add leaf springs.  The suspension should have fine as it came from the factory.  You should research that and call Sprinter (you're on a Sprinter chassis I assume?) before you let them mess with your springs.

Not exactly sure what a blown sleeve is, that's the terminology used by the service tech.  I have had several conversations with the Sprinter rep and he is the one recommending the additional leaf spring.

Hi Joe, I just bought a 2013 View 24J Sprinter with 5400 on the clock. Thankfully no sign of either of your issues in the 300 or so mls. I put on her in the last 2 weeks. Did u have any inclination of a problem before u towed a car? I don't have a towable vehicle as my cars r both Lexus. One an RX the other an ES. I am looking at a Smart Car though but don't wish to screw up the Sprinter if towing is the issue?
Good luck with that and my understanding is Mercedes will not allow a customer to remain unhappy.
Regards
Stephen

Hello Stephen, I had no indication of any issues before I drove the vehicle to FL.  The View handled the Jeep Wrangler except for the whining noise.  Sprinter folks have been nice and responsive.

We have the same whining issue. Were you able to resolve the issue and if so would you please share the solution.
Thanks,
Bob 16 N24G

Back
Top Bottom