Workhorse Brake Recall Resource Center

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have to be kidding, I don't think this will ever be resolved.. The propaganda ministers employed by Workhorse will be putting a spin on this for years to come. Why would you want to shoot the goose????

ceemike, you will not receive one of the 'new' calipers.  You will receive the new 'old' calipers until the official recall.  Four weeks...pathetic!  :mad:

I have serious doubts this "recall" will ever happen, and since some manufacturers have dropped the complete Workhorse Chassis line, the rhetoric from Workhorse might have dug themselves a grave they can't get out of.  ::)

IMO If, I repeat IF this recall is ever accomplished, the used MH market will be flooded with Workhorse chassis units. Most owners appear to be hoping to get this accomplished and then unload the rig. I myself am condidering doing this, but only after I have it fixed and will not jeopardize anyone else's safety.

I love my Workhorse Coach  :), and do not plan to get rid of it in the near future. But I do want the brake issue fixed, since I spent @ $1500  :'( on repairs for this issue over 2 years ago. I'm hoping for the fix and some reimbursement once its filed and I can send in the paperwork.

I no longer own a Workhorse, but I think some of you are over-reacting to the market effects of the brake problem. By no means think I am belittling the problem and WH' response to it, but the vast majority of WH owners are happy campers and perhaps even ignorant of the issues and history. Manufacturers are moving back to a Ford chassis because Ford has vastly improved their chassis and they are significantly less expensive than WH. Plus, Ford still has a strong gas engine, while WH no longer has the excellent GM 8.1L to offer.

In my opinion, the recall will be accomplished but it will take much longer than anyone could wish. This sad, sad, episode will finally be put to bed - assuming that Bosch has fixed the design problem once and for all.  If I were buying a 2001-2005 gas chassis RV, I'd still be looking for a WH chassis. After that, Ford or WH would be a wash in my pinion.

Having suffered through two TOTAL BRAKE FAILURES in the last month, I tend to disagree with you. I was a Happy Camper myself, but my second incident took place in a hilly area and I consider myself very lucky to not have had a very serious accident. I do believe the RV owner can do themselves a big favor by driving the coach at least monthly even if is only a 100 mile day trip. I think rust on the rotors can be prevented this way which can prevent the failure. Click on the link below to see photos of our adventure.

http://www.linandnancy.com/workhorsebrakes1.html

Well, now I don't know what to do.  I was at a Winnebago dealer today and they had a new 2009 model Sightseer 35J on the W22 chassis rather than the Ford F53 chassis.  I thought that would be a good thing until I Googled "Workhorse W22 chassis" and ran across the Workhorse-brake-problem threads here. 

The recall covers chassis made through 12/10/2007.  This chassis was made 5/2008.  That sounds good, right?  Then I see that parts to fix the problem aren't being made & distributed until Summer of 2010.  If they didn't have redesigned parts in 5/2008, it sounds like they used the same parts that were having problems previously.  Is it just a matter of time until 2008-year brakes start failing, too?

Frank, the 2008 model year W-20/W-22 have the same Bosch calipers, and IF the campaign comes to a fruition, those year models will be included in the recall.

FrontrangeRVer said:
Frank, the 2008 model year W-20/W-22 have the same Bosch calipers, and IF the campaign comes to a fruition, those year models will be included in the recall.
I was afraid you were going to say that.  Where does the "IF" come in?  ...if Navistar doesn't go bankrupt?

captain bud said:
IMO If, I repeat IF this recall is ever accomplished, the used MH market will be flooded with Workhorse chassis units. Most owners appear to be hoping to get this accomplished and then unload the rig. I myself am condidering doing this, but only after I have it fixed and will not jeopardize anyone else's safety.
My plans are the same as yours, maybe we should get together and have a used wh rv show.

What is going to be interesting is if the problem shows on the Ford chassis since they switched to the same Bosch calipers on some 2006 chassis and onward.

The parts are being made, and once Workhorse has enough parts in stock, they will be shipped to their dealers.

I have just posted on the other site, to alert people that tomorrow will be Sept. 1 2010 and there is still no word as to when we will be out of this dilema. One wonders why our government is not taking action on this problem???

captain bud said:
I have just posted on the other site, to alert people that tomorrow will be Sept. 1 2010 and there is still no word as to when we will be out of this dilema. One wonders why our government is not taking action on this problem???

This is just a test to see how well people will like less government that lots of people are demanding.

Paul

:) ;D 8)        There is light at the end of the tunnel!!!!!! 

If anyone has looked at myworkhorse, you should see that an open campaign is listed against your vehicle if is is a W20 thru W22 Chassis. This is for EVERY one produced, regardless of model year.

Campaign 51101-C  is very near launch date.    The campaign is expected to launch within 2 weeks or less. The campaign is already listed so that it is ready to be cleared when the vehicle is repaired.

You should soon receive the official letter!!!!

As of now, if you have a brake failure on the road, you should receive the new calipers. They are about to be shipped to Service Centers in anticipation of the recall campaign letters being sent out.  New calipers have a date code of 0155A stamped on them.

Check the Brake Resource Center for updated info.

Workhorse anticipates the offical letter will be sent soon

miket said:
... If anyone has looked at myworkhorse, you should see that an open campaign is listed against your vehicle if is is a W20 thru W22 Chassis. This is for EVERY one produced, regardless of model year...

Dang.  I just picked up a 2011 chassis and I had hoped it had the new brakes.  You are right -- it is now listed as an open campaign on mine where it wasn't the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom