Workhorse parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Roy

I took my Bounder in for Service Jan 16 Annual maintenance.
The Shop I use did all my warranty and recall work.
Two weeks into the job  he told Me one trans cooler fan stopped working and He needed to replace it.
I approved the work They still have yet to finish he told Me it took two weeks to get the parts.
My question is are Workhorse parts getting harder to find  ? Do they still manufacture them or is it new old stock.

Hardly any of the replaceable parts on a Workhorse chassis come from Workhorse itself. Tranny, engine and major suspension parts are from general industry suppliers. However, that doesn't mean they can be had overnight, like you can with a GM or Freightliner part. There is no big Workhorse warehouse that stocks all parts for instant availability (not sure there ever was, either), so shops have to search out the source and order from the part manufacturer or his distributor.

The good news is that Workhorse has been bought from Navistar (who neglected it badly) and hopefully the new company will be successful enough to begin stocking repair parts in their own warehouse. Won't be tomorrow, though.

The company that bought Workhorse has expressed zero interest in  providing service parts or anything else. Don't hold your breath for any change. There are a number of places that have some stock and are pros when it comes to service. Brzaell's comes to mind.

IF you're talking about one of the two electric fans in front of the radiator, I found a replacement at Napa, took all of 3 days.

I was  you're talking about one of the two electric fans in front of the radiator.

Thanks All I don't it took so long maybe I need a new Shop?

Most of what is under the hood is GM stock.. However I do not know about the fans.. They are actually rather Generic.

Even the Hevac blower is GM stock.

Here is a good site for commonly used workhorse parts.
Has some good diagrams.
http://www.oemys-performance.com/whparts1.htm

The company that bought Workhorse has expressed zero interest in  providing service parts or anything else. Don't hold your breath for any change.

Yeap. Ain't gonna happen until they have a need for production parts for their own products, and those parts may or may not fit previous Workhorse chassis. They bought the designs and the production equipment, so they will probably use them, but that is (at best) down the road a ways from here.

Back
Top Bottom