Yellowstone Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When you say cycling, do you mean bicycle or moto?
I'm an avid bicyclist, and there is no way I would want to ride a bicycle on the roads in YNP. Narrow roads, heavy traffic, and distracted drivers is a bad combination, and we visited in Sept. Too bad because it would be wonderful riding, but no way.

Enjoy your trip,
Dan

Dan, motorcycling. I can't peddle anything. I haven't read anything from motorcyclist about riding thru Yellowstone. That is my plan unless I heard otherwise. I'll arrive after labor day; hopefully to miss the heavy traffic from a holiday weekend.

John H

Don Nesbitt

How are things now looking for around labor day? We are going to be in Billings around the last week in August. What is the best route for RV 28' Class C with tow to West Yellowstone?

jth: John & Brenda, N. Myrtle Beach, SC

I live a couple hours north of YNP. I have ridden my motorcycle through there on a number of occasions. It's fun in most places but a pain in the azz in many others. Critter jams are part of the adventure, but plan on averaging 20 mph. People can be incredibly stoopid and in attentive so be prepared  to stop on a dime as people will walk right out in front of you if they see a ground squirrel! W. Yellowstone is probably the closest to most thermal features but the ride from Gardiner to Cooke City via the Lamar Valley and over the Beartooth Hwy is the most memorable ride of my life.

(I'm still in the busy getting retired stage of owning an RV )

Oh yea  if you are riding an air cooled bike and get stuck in a critter jam, just turn off your bike.

Bruce, thanks for the info. Until your message I had not gotten any info from MC riders about YNP riding. I do not want to get myself in a bad situation on the bike. I'll have as many days as I need to ride YNP. No hurry. Enjoying retirement at a slow pace. Thanks again.

jth

Bruce P

We spent two nights in Red Lodge. Rode the Beartooth Pass then Chief Joseph Scenic Byway over to Cody. What a great ride thanks for the suggestion.

John & Brenda

Red Lodge is a great town, but the highway is spectacular. If you have not done it, Going To The Sun Rd in Glacier Park is another must do ride.

Back
Top Bottom