You need it when?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Aw, guys...don't spoil it for me! I still believe Santa delivers via his sleigh pulled by 8 tiny reindeer on Christmas Eve! If he can pull it off I'm sure Amazon can figure this out!

Linda

Any vehicle for this application would be fully autonomous.  There might be a communication capability,  but its not necesary.
Ernie

Don't tell anyone, it's highly super secret, but ...

Someone is working on a 'larger' version to deliver RVs from a manufacturer to a dealership, or from a dealership to an end customer. It's only a short step from there to having your RV moved from one campground to another. Gives new meaning to "tour the USA, sleep in your own bed".

Ernie n Tara said:
Any vehicle for this application would be fully autonomous.  There might be a communication capability,  but its not necesary.

True, but unless protected by design, flight near an RF transmitter could get interesting as many things are bothered if in close to a powerful transmitter.  Most Hams have lots of examples.

Not only that but if you downed it, there would be a surprise gift.

Presumably cargo delivered in this extra-cost fashion would typically be higher value stuff for affluent customers. I can foresee a whole new era of piracy, hijacking drones to steal the cargo. Then arming or booby-trapping the drones to deter the pirates. It's gonna be exciting as this application of technology matures.  8)

Tom said:
Don't tell anyone, it's highly super secret, but ...

Someone is working on a 'larger' version to deliver RVs from a manufacturer to a dealership, or from a dealership to an end customer. It's only a short step from there to having your RV moved from one campground to another. Gives new meaning to "tour the USA, sleep in your own bed".

I think its called a chinook

Quote from: Larry N. on December 02, 2013, 08:24:34 PM
My house is at 5230 feet, and there are a lot that are higher (some over 10K). Metro Airport is at 5670.

Tom wrote: What is your point? You are not in Florida.

I think he's still laughing at the "mountains in Florida". Some people really do live in the mountains.

Ken

Florida has mole hills which are sometimes made into mountains.

Is Florida the state that puts Elevation signs on the freeway overpasses?

Ken

Someone beat me to it, but if Santa can do the whole world in a night surely someone can do this too! :eek:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anjoutdoors
Back
Top Bottom