Zion River Resort Rally May 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ken & Sheila said:
Correction,
JUMP is 5/9 to 5/13 (not 5/16) I was looking at my dates for my next stop.

Ken,
The revised dates work better for us too. Is that arrive 5/9 and depsrt 5/13 a total of 4 nights?
What is the name and number  for the RV Park in Torrey near Capitol Reef ? My  Memory fails.  Did she give you any confirmation number etc?

Betty

Thousand Lakes?

And count us in for all 3 legs of the Hop-Skip-Jump even if we're in the NPS campgrounds. We'll probably even hit Grand Canyon North Rim after hopping, skipping, and jumping. In fact, I'd like to head for North Rim RIGHT NOW !!

Wendy

I have just missed you all on the last two Moabs.  I have another meet 27 April to 1 May in Kansas, than I can beat feet back to Utah which I was planning on going to anyway and catch you all around the 2nd or 3rd.  Than I can at least catch the last three to four days with you all finally.  Than I gotta head north to Washington.

Betty,

To already posted the website and phone number for Thousand Lakes RV Park in Torrey.

15 sites blocked for the RV Forum Group  ARR 5/9/09  DEPART 5/13/09

I have two reservations in My name (for ourselves and Judy and Ollie)

I am not clear on how long they will hold the blocked sites, but I don't see as being an issue for a long time.

Summary of our reservations:

Virgin River: 5/2/09 departing 5/6/09

Ruby's Inn:  5/6/09 departing 5/9/09

Thousand Lakes: 5/9/09 departing 5/13/09

For those who haven't drive RT 12 from Bryce to Torrey I can tell it is a truly beautiful drive. ( It is too bad that us drivers can't take full advantage of the views!)

Jerry & Ardra have also reserved for Torry, Utah - Thousand Lakes RV Park. 
Therefore, our complete reservations are as follows;

Portal RV Resort (Moab, Utah)  Arrive:  4/26/2009 and depart 4/30.
    We want to go to Moab before the Hop, Skip & Jump rally.

HOP:  Zion River RV Park (Virgin, Utah)  Arrive:  5/1/2009 and depart 5/6.

SKIP:  Ruby's Inn (Bryce Canyon)  Arrive:  5/6/2009 and depart 5/9.

JUMP:  Thousand Lakes RV Park (Torry, Utah)  Arrive 5/9/2009 and depart 5/13.

JerryF & ArdraF

Tom & Chris are now booked for all 3 legs of the 2009 hop, skip and jump rally:

5/2 - 5/6    Zion River Resort

5/6 - 5/9    Ruby's Inn

5/9 - 5/13   Thousand Lakes

Jerry and Ardra,

I see you are going to Moab before the HJS rally. Ollie (& Judy) and I (&Sheila) are probably going to Moab after Torrey for a few days. We saw some other roads last year that we did not have time to try out. I just have to remember not to lock my keys in at 7,000 ft on a one lane trail.

ken

Mike and I are also going to Moab after Torrey. If it's not too hot, we'll probably stay on the river, where we stayed last year after the rally. Looks like there's going to be a "run" after the "hop, skip, jump."

Wendy

Ok, Marsha and Tim are reserved for the "skip & Jump" part of the "RV Roving Rally".  I had already made reservations for the "Hop" part.  So we are set.

After Torry we will hippy/hop up to #70 and head toward Indiana for a wedding, then on into Canada for a second wedding; then up to the Maritimes.  That is, if the Good lord is willing and the creek don't rise.

Marsha~

Ken and Wendy,

We want to go to Moab first because it will be too hot for hiking later.  We prefer to hike when it's a little cooler and the difference in temperatures between late April and mid- to late May can be quite a bit.

Marsha,

"The creek don't rise" is certainly apt this year so we'll hope this will be the only flood year for a while!

ArdraF

Brewers and Mahoney are  now reserved for arrival at Thousand Trails in Torrey  5/9/09 and departing 5/13/09 a total of 4 nights.

Hop Skip and a Jump we're on our way! .  I've asked Thousand trails if they will be able to  do the steak cook out for us.  She said call back in April.09.  So I will.

Betty

Ardra - You could go to Moab for hiking before the HSJ and then go back after Torrey for 4WDing....best of both worlds.

FWIW, we hiked to Morning Glory arch on May 7 and it was absolutely delightful....shorts weather but not too hot. Only problem was the poison ivy.

Anyway, there's LOTS to enjoy in Utah any time of the year.

Wendy
Cortez CO (just a hop, skip, and a jump from the Utah border :) )

Wendy,

I think we planned on staying at the passport America park, but I will ask Ollie about staying on the river. I think that would be a lot of fun if we did not have to run the generator all day to keep the cats cool.

ken

Ken - If it's too hot in Moab, we'll probably stay at the passport park where we've stayed before (OK Corral, I think it's called, on the south side of town).

Wendy

Ardra - You could go to Moab for hiking before the HSJ and then go back after Torrey for 4WDing....best of both worlds.

Wendy - there's a distinct possiblity we'll do that.  Depends on what the weather's like by then - and what else we might want to do later and in which direction.  ;)

ArdraF

Well, we have finally gotten around to making reservations for the final portion of the rally.  We are now officially hoppers, skippers and jumpers.  We aren't sure what we will be doing prior to the rally, or after it for that matter.  The only thing we want to do is avoid the several days of driving in and out of snow that we did to get to Moab last year.  Other than that we can hardly wait!
Cheers,
Ray and Liza

Wahoo!  It will be great to see you both again.  We've also signed up for Hop-Skip-Jump.  Should be lots of fun.  Can't wait.  Of course as fast as the years are going by, it'll be here before ya know it.

Marsha~

Back
Top Bottom